Tigers on the Hunt Gameplay video!

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Daniele

Tigers on the Hunt Gameplay video!

Post by Daniele »

Are you excited for the Tigers on the Hunt release date getting closer?

Take a look at the gameplay video below, featuring a German kampfgruppe defending a Village assaulted by elements of the 3rd US Armoured Division!

You will have the chance to see a lot of actions with a lot of units involved, bold manoeuvres and tank fights!

Stay tuned! The game will be released on February 25!

Get more information about Tigers on the Hunt from its official product page
[center]
Image[/center]
Gerry4321

RE: Tigers on the Hunt Gameplay video!

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks very much for the video. The tank combat results were binary in this playing. Have you had many occurrences of tanks being shocked, etc? Looks like the AI is doing fairly well on the attack here?

Some suggestions for UI improvement down the road.
1. You had to click a button to have the AI continue moving.This would be much easier if there was a shortcut like the letter "k" for keep on.
2. It looked like you had to click the order of battle option in the menu a second time to close it? Using something like the ESC key would be a lot smoother.
giffin

Post by giffin »

Excellent Game Play video! Cant wait to buy the game on February 26th!
blazej

Post by blazej »

Hi,

This game looks REALLY good!

Looking forward to Feb 25 :)

Best,
Michal
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

Thanks very much for the video. The tank combat results were binary in this playing. Have you had many occurrences of tanks being shocked, etc? Looks like the AI is doing fairly well on the attack here?

1. You had to click a button to have the AI continue moving.This would be much easier if there was a shortcut like the letter "k" for keep on.
2. It looked like you had to click the order of battle option in the menu a second time to close it? Using something like the ESC key would be a lot smoother.
Yes I have had Shock results as well as Immobilized results.

Good suggestions Gerry [:)]
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Jorgen:

Just saw this on Wiki:
"Shortly afterward, also at Elsdorf, another T26E3 knocked out a Tiger I and two Panzer IVs.[42] The Tiger was knocked out at 900 yd (820 m) with the 90-mm HVAP T30E16 ammunition.[36] Photographs of this knocked out Tiger I in Hunnicutt's book showed a penetration through the lower gun shield.[43]"

How many Pershings were in the scenario? IIRC two PzIVs died quickly.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Jorgen:

Just saw this on Wiki:
"Shortly afterward, also at Elsdorf, another T26E3 knocked out a Tiger I and two Panzer IVs.[42] The Tiger was knocked out at 900 yd (820 m) with the 90-mm HVAP T30E16 ammunition.[36] Photographs of this knocked out Tiger I in Hunnicutt's book showed a penetration through the lower gun shield.[43]"

How many Pershings were in the scenario? IIRC two PzIVs died quickly.

There is only one Pershing in the scenario...Jorgen forgot to use the Tiger ;) I found myself talking to the screen "Jorgen, wake up the Tiger crew!!!!" and as a result he got his rear handled to him :D
dox44

Post by dox44 »

lol
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Is the NDA off now?
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

[:)]Yeah there is only one M26 and i have never lost my PZIVs so quickly before. I've played this scenario several times and it is really intense.

I found the information of the battle on the net. Interestingly the day before a Tiger knocked out a T26E3 as its silhouettes were seen in the night as it was too close to a fire.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
bo

Post by bo »

Totally disagree with using keys,[optional ok, I guess] I personally like to sit back away from my keyboard and relax, of course if you like to sit all hunched up over a keyboard be my guest [;)]

Bo
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Not sure what your point is? Keys don't require a hunched-over posture. And most games like this have keyboard shortcuts.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I would like all screens/options etc to be accessed by a specific key.
You open something with a key and you close it again with the same key.
I find most games play better when you don't have to move the mouse around too much to select/deselect stuff.

jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Looks like a fun game and a labor of love for the developer!
bo

Post by bo »

Not sure what your point is? Keys don't require a hunched-over posture. And most games like this have keyboard shortcuts.

My point is, it seems with this type of game which I have never played [tactile]that the keyboard is not needed as it seems the mouse can do all the functions needed, I lean way back in my chair and maybe the use of the word hunched was a little strong, how about upright. [:(]

I have always disliked keyboards in computer games, maybe it stems from my days playing COD 2 when a 10 year old could do somersaults land on his or her head and shoot me dead from 200 yards away because he or she was more adept at the keyboard than I was. Really no big deal just an opinion.

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Erik Nygaard

I would like all screens/options etc to be accessed by a specific key.
You open something with a key and you close it again with the same key.
I find most games play better when you don't have to move the mouse around too much to select/deselect stuff.

I stand corrected [;)]

Bo
JamesLxx

Post by JamesLxx »

Bit puzzled - on move 2, about 10-11 mins in, the AI US tanks were firing on German infantry at a range of 5+ hexes who were in woods and had not fired or moved yet. Surely the concealed infantry could not have been spotted yet? Or was this area fire by the AI?
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

I was myself puzzled before but the fire originated from a US Tank that is located outside of our picture.

Nice spotted [:)]
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

I was myself puzzled before but the fire originated from a US Tank that is located outside of our picture.

Nice spotted [:)]

Correct, it was the Sherman on the hill :)

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”