Physical Copy

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

IslandInland

RE: Physical Copy

Post by IslandInland »

So my copy arrived today. Nearly a month late, 26 days to be exact.

I don't understand why some people in the UK got theirs before Christmas and I had to wait for almost a month. I ordered on the day of release and it was supposedly dispatched on 2nd December.

The CD sleeve is glued into the manual and cannot be removed without damaging the inlay. I suppose I'm nitpicking but the whole episode has soured me on the game somewhat. I've barely played it because I was so annoyed about the delivery delay.

At least it's turned up so I'll get around to playing it in depth at some point.

Matrix really need to have a good long look at their shipping partners and their efficacy.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Mine never arrived. Now waiting for a second shipment, sent 10 days ago...
I wonder where it is now, in this near endless universe...maybe Major Tom will get it somewhere, sometime...
Former AJE team member
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

Mine never arrived. Now waiting for a second shipment, sent 10 days ago...
I wonder where it is now, in this near endless universe...maybe Major Tom will get it somewhere, sometime...

Perhaps a Starman is playing it on Mars, if there is Life on Mars.

Matrix need to make Changes to their delivery options. [:)]

XXXCorps
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Yep, they look like Absolute Beginners [:D]
Former AJE team member
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Yep, they look like Absolute Beginners [:D]
warspite1

Well they have their North American distribution worked out. But they have to realise this is not America [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Well, 2 months and 3 days after shipment, I received today my physical manual. [X(]

I also have had to pay an extra 10,46€ in customs tax...[:(]

It is a FANTASTIC manual, great quality in printing, binding, lovely.

But as long as the shipment of physical copies by Matrix is made from the US to Europe I will never again buy a Physical copy...

Regards
Former AJE team member
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Well, 2 months and 3 days after shipment, I received today my physical manual. [X(]

I also have had to pay an extra 10,46€ in customs tax...[:(]

It is a FANTASTIC manual, great quality in printing, binding, lovely.

But as long as the shipment of physical copies by Matrix is made from the US to Europe I will never again buy a Physical copy...

Regards

I'm glad your copy finally turned up, Franciscus. Two months and three days has to be a record.

I'm with you in not ordering a physical copy from Matrix again.

Enjoy the game. [:)]
XXXCorps
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

When people bought physical copies of Barbarossa from Slitherine rather than Matrix did it experience the same level of delays?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Philippe at bay

When people bought physical copies of Barbarossa from Slitherine rather than Matrix did it experience the same level of delays?
There's absolutely no difference between buying from Matrix or Slitherine on that regard.
Please note that the order is shipped from USA and unfortunately will experience some delays from the customs.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I'm surprised Slitherine doesn't keep a European/UK warehouse with the inventory it expects to need to cover European orders.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm surprised Slitherine doesn't keep a European/UK warehouse with the inventory it expects to need to cover European orders.
The printing, the burning of the DVD, the packing and shipping are not done inside the Slitherine Group. We don't have a inner structure that could permit this. This is done (except the printing) by our e-commerce partner Custom CD.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/733/Wel ... Games.Site!
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Doesn't sound like they're particularly swift when it comes to orders outside of North America.

If it were my business, I'd have someone senior from my shop talk to someone senior from their shop.

This is the 21rst century and we have a global economy. These are issues that were supposed to have gone away fifty years ago.

Americans tend to be clueless about international trade because their country is so large they don't have much experience with it.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Doesn't sound like they're particularly swift when it comes to orders outside of North America.

If it were my business, I'd have someone senior from my shop talk to someone senior from their shop.

This is the 21rst century and we have a global economy. These are issues that were supposed to have gone away fifty years ago.

Americans tend to be clueless about international trade because their country is so large they don't have much experience with it.
The issue is with postal services and customs, not Custom CD.
Mostly with local customs. Some countries have better custom services than others.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

It still sounds to me like Custom CD should be talking to a better freight forwarder. When you ship internationally you're supposed to be pro-active about this kind of thing.

I hope this doesn't mean that Iberia is the end of the earth.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Like I've already explained the orders are shipped by postal services.
I think you are referring to Francisco's case, and I can tell you as a Portuguese, that customs are usually the guilty.
I have ordered from every corner of the world, and honestly I expect at least to wait, in general, four weeks before something arrives in my address if it's shipped outside Europe.
If it's Christmas time, then it's better to have a lot of patience. Contrary to our postal services, which are quite good in general, specially when we compare with other European countries.

I'm not trying to excuse anything. Shipments outside Europe should be faster, I agree.
I believe the only way for this to improve is to Custom CD open a European warehouse.

lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi VPaulus,

My copy arrived in Australia, having been sent from the U.S but it came via Switzerland (or Sweden, can't remember).

I couldn't figure out what the Swiss Postal service stamp was doing on it.

Is that the normal routing for orders outside of the U.S?

Cheers,
Cameron
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: lancer

Hi VPaulus,

My copy arrived in Australia, having been sent from the U.S but it came via Switzerland (or Sweden, can't remember).

I couldn't figure out what the Swiss Postal service stamp was doing on it.

Is that the normal routing for orders outside of the U.S?

Cheers,
Cameron
I can't answer that. I'll can ask CustomCD... Probably this is related with USPS.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi VPaulus,

O.K, thanks.

Cheers,
Cameron
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

From CustomCD regardijg your question:
"The Swiss stamp is actually normal procedure. The order however did not route through Europe. We use a mail consolidator to ship out all of our international packages and they are owned by the Swiss Post.
Not sure if this helps with your forum inquiry or not, but I can assure you that the package did not route through Europe to get to Australia.
"

We hope that CustmoCD will reopen an European warehouse on Germany this year. So besides reducing the shipping cosds,there won't be custom fees for EU countries and the parcels will arrive faster.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

We hope that CustmoCD will reopen an European warehouse on Germany this year. So besides reducing the shipping cosds,there won't be custom fees for EU countries and the parcels will arrive faster.

That is essential, IMHO, and good news.

Thanks [:)]
Former AJE team member

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”