Ground unit information - codes?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DarkFib3r

Ground unit information - codes?

Post by DarkFib3r »

When you mouse over a friendly ground unit symbol, a pop-up displays the units in the hex. It displays a series of codes for the different squads, but I cannot find a definition of what these codes mean in the manual or on the forums. For example from manual p. 180:

6747 16th Indian Brigade - INF A80 G11 F1 E9 S80

INF is obviously infantry. I am assuming that there are 80 A (assault or attack) squads, 11 G (gun/arty) squads, 1 F (?) squad, 9 E (engineering) squads, and 80 S (support) squads.

Another code is V, which I assume means vehicle.

Is my interpretation correct? Are there any more codes for ground units to be aware of? Does V represent vehicles, including tanks? Are bulldozers and trucks represented in the V? What does F mean? Thanks!
BBfanboy

RE: Ground unit information - codes?

Post by BBfanboy »

Close - F is Flak and V is air support (think aViation).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
DarkFib3r

Post by DarkFib3r »

Awesome, thanks!

BTW, is this actually documented somewhere, or did you learn it through the forums or deduce it on your own? I have found a few instances where the game uses abbreviations and codes yet the manual does not explain them. Perhaps it is because the game evolved faster than the manual?

Thanks again!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I don't recall reading it - deduced it myself - but I would expect it to be in the "Read me" notes that accompanied the update that introduced the rollover feature. That was quite some time ago now.

A couple of other comments
- the rollover G for guns gives a different number than the display for the total guns at a base on the base info screen. I think one counts the AA guns or anti-tank guns while the other does not.

- I can't recall for sure, but I think I saw NS in a rollover, meaning Naval Support.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”