Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

giffin

RE: Tigers on the Hunt Tutorial Video

Post by giffin »

Best Video tutorial I have seen on a PC game! Really looking forward to this game! When is the next tutorial scheduled to be released?
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Looks interesting, reminds me of Tillers Squad battles as Im sure has been mentioned before.

Good Luck with this.
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

In terms of that open space on the right I would like menu (Move/Assault/ .... for example) to be moved closer to the actual map so if it is a small map the menu is closer to the map.

If that space could be used for something rather then the blackness either of the suggestions above. I don't see it as a bad or primitive
waltero

Post by waltero »

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

That has to be about the worst GUI Ive ever seen. It looks so primitive.

I think the GUI looks precise and calculating. It looks like it will have the right feel.
Should coincide with the game perfectly.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Similar in ASL, Tigers on the Hunt you can geoboards connected together, 4 horizontally and 3 vertically giving you total of 12 boards to play on. If a dcenario used less then 12 map then that space will be black, it's just way the engine was coded.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Punisher007

Best Video tutorial I have seen on a PC game! Really looking forward to this game! When is the next tutorial scheduled to be released?

I think, the next video should be out on Monday, next week.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Similar in ASL, Tigers on the Hunt you can geoboards connected together, 4 horizontally and 3 vertically giving you total of 12 boards to play on. If a dcenario used less then 12 map then that space will be black, it's just way the engine was coded.

I think we may be talking about a different area.

There's a side bar to the right of the map area that seems to have some real estate that is not used - did not seem that way in the video at least.

That's what I was referring to potentially for unit portraits - see comment above.

I understand what you are saying about the map - JTS SB is like that too and that is fine.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

The side bar as buttons, it's just that I don't display all of them all the time, I inly display buttons that apply to a particular situation or game segment, to keep game clean interface as clean as possible. All the game interface and buttons is explained in the game manual.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

The side bar as buttons, it's just that I don't display all of them all the time, I inly display buttons that apply to a particular situation or game segment, to keep game clean interface as clean as possible. All the game interface and buttons is explained in the game manual.

NP - not a deal breaker for me but - I'd like to list this as a request for a potential feature add in later updates / modules - as I am very much into the atmosphere of a game in addition to the mechanics. Imagine the atmosphere the guy below could bring to the experience ;)

Image[/img]
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Tell_g

Post by Tell_g »

Hello
For me the GUI is just fine, quite simple and seams easy to use.
Of course you need to understand the game mechanics but when this is done the GUI will be very powerfull for the user.

Tell
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Tell_g

Hello
For me the GUI is just fine, quite simple and seams easy to use.
Of course you need to understand the game mechanics but when this is done the GUI will be very powerfull for the user.

I tried to make the interface as clean and as easy to use as possible. The game play is deep, and I wanted the user to focus on the game action rather than fight with the interface.

It's very simple to use the interface: left click on the mouse to select a hex, left click to select units or only weapons (to combine multiple units + weapons selecting together simply left lick + CTRL key down - like selecting multiple files in windows explorer) and right lick on the mouse is used for actions like move and fire...that's it!
Angiel

Post by Angiel »

I like very much the interface, it's simple but effective.[:)]
The graphics of the game in my opinion is good.
But I wish I had more information on AI, both offensively and defensively; I think the AI is one of the most important factors in this game.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Are all the tutorials going to be available from within the game, or at least a link to them from the main menu?

Thanks!
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

The tutorials scenario are included with the game, as well as tutorial walk-through in the manual...however the videos will not be accessible from within the game itself. Perhaps matrix games can provide the videos as a separate download or include the videos as part of the download package, I will double check with them and get back to you.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Excellent. Thank you for checking into this. It would be great to have them as part of the package somehow.

So, the tutorial scenarios are actually playable, with a step-by-step walkthrough in the manual? Sort of like the John Tiller Games tutorials? If so, this is GREAT news.

I love the tutorial walkthroughs in manuals. This is my preferred way to learn for wargames like this.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I just finally watched the video. I think I will enjoy this game!

However, when you fire and miss, the results text doesn't show anything. Can't you at least show "Miss" or something?

Not showing anything at all just feels very wrong.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Agree with this. Would be better if it just said no effect.
ORIGINAL: jglazier

I just finally watched the video. I think I will enjoy this game!

However, when you fire and miss, the results text doesn't show anything. Can't you at least show "Miss" or something?

Not showing anything at all just feels very wrong.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Vehicle video tomorrow??
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Bummer. Really hoping for another video today!!!!
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Jorgen submitted gameplay video to matrix games today, I hope it will be released soon.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”