Biggest, most complex scenario?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cns180784

Biggest, most complex scenario?

Post by cns180784 »

Ok thought i'd put this question out, so what is the biggest and most complex scenario currently available including all standalone and community scenarios? (not including NI) and how does the scenario i'm currently playing- Canarys Cage- compare to it? is there one scenario you can honestly say is the biggest and most complex? or would you come up with a few?
Dannyp19

RE: Biggest, most complex scenario?

Post by Dannyp19 »

"Northern Fury 8 - Hold the Line" is a biggie.
"Closing the Kurile Gap"
"NF 9.1 Eisenhower moves North"

The above 3 make "Canarys Cage" seem like a walk in the park [:D]

cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Sounds great, Canarys Cage gives me a headache (well it is with the situation i'm in with that now) so no doubt those 3 will make my head explode.

I was thinking seeing as the northern fury scenarios are a linked campaign, would be good to have those put in the campaign section in the start menu. Same with other campaigns such as Black Tiger and the Russian civil war.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

You can organise the scenarios by putting them in different folders. For example I have a seperate folder for each scen I'm working on, as well as things like 'Northern Fury' etc. now that the community pack is getting bigger I might start dividing them up even more.
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

I made a scenario called Water Wars which is complex from a political angle - priorities keep changing and you are limited by your C-in-C. You can't just blast everything. Would love to hear what you think of it.
I uploaded a recent update to the scenarios section.
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

Back in the day, I tried to create a full-up China versus the U.S. + Taiwan ASW scenario with multiple airbases, CSGs, an ESG, TBMD, but it was paralyzingly slow. Since then I've been more conservative. There's been improvements since then, though. Now I feel like the limitation is my aging laptop. Once I get a new computer with better cooling, I'll see what I can make it do.

ORIGINAL: cns180784

Ok thought i'd put this question out, so what is the biggest and most complex scenario currently available including all standalone and community scenarios? (not including NI) and how does the scenario i'm currently playing- Canarys Cage- compare to it? is there one scenario you can honestly say is the biggest and most complex? or would you come up with a few?
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

Back in the day, I tried to create a full-up China versus the U.S. + Taiwan ASW scenario with multiple airbases, CSGs, an ESG, TBMD, but it was paralyzingly slow. Since then I've been more conservative. There's been improvements since then, though. Now I feel like the limitation is my aging laptop. Once I get a new computer with better cooling, I'll see what I can make it do.
Back in the day, my i7 4930K, 32GB RAM and SSD are also defeated by bugs and other performance issues as well. Now it's getting better, so I am also making a big one from my old scenario drafts.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: apache85

You can organise the scenarios by putting them in different folders. For example I have a seperate folder for each scen I'm working on, as well as things like 'Northern Fury' etc. now that the community pack is getting bigger I might start dividing them up even more.

Yea i was thinking that, i'll move the campaign linked scenarios to the campaign folder. Good idea in splitting up your scenarios.

cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

ORIGINAL: cns180784

Yea the only limitation to the size and complexity to a scenario you can create is the specs of the PC, or rather being able to play it.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”