Battlefield conditions

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Rakkasan101

Battlefield conditions

Post by Rakkasan101 »

I was curious to know what this game might have in the way of "battlefield conditions", or what some might call "Heat of Battle" or "Murphy"

In ASL, there were obviously the "Heat of Battle" tables, whereby things could happen that were interesting but outside the player's control. Just like combat. In addition, the sniper counter was always marauding through the battlefield, throwing a wrench in the best laid plans. I feel that most of the best squad-based board games have this element in there anyway. Mark Walker's "Heroes" series had lots of well, hero generation. Combat Commander has more "random" events than you can shake a stick at. Kind of the essence of small unit war gaming, if ya ask me. If I read the AAR correctly, it seems like units battle harden in this game, which is cool.

Also, will this game have anything in terms of literal battlefield conditions? Weather? does Arty perhaps leave shell holes? Is there a chance that burning wrecks spill smoke into a random hex, creating new hindrances and opportunities? Can buildings be rubbled? Basically, is there anything that "changes" the battlefield as you play?

Paullus

RE: Battlefield conditions

Post by Paullus »

There are some of these "battlefield conditions" in the game.

- There are optional Command and Control rules. If you use these your units might not be in command and will not do as you want except defend themselves against adjacent enemies.
- Some units can place smoke, both infantry and Ordnance/AFVs
- Buildings can become rubble during play
- AFVs can become wrecks but not burning such

I think Peter can add anything I missed.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Peter Fisla

RE: Battlefield conditions

Post by Peter Fisla »

The game supports battle hardening of personnel units, an AFV can turn into a wreck and stuff like off-board artillery shells (depending on size) may leave shell holes on the battlefield. In addition certain size caliber ordnance may turn stone/wood buildings into stone/wood rubble.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”