Some fort upgrades not listed in ops report

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jwolf

Some fort upgrades not listed in ops report

Post by jwolf »

As the title says. Near the end of the ops report is a summary of base expansion: both sides for airfields and ports; only one's own side for forts. These reports are generally very accurate, but I have seen that occasionally a fort improvement does not get mentioned. Is it just me, or is this a known phenomenon? It's not a huge issue, but I do depend on the ops report to take a look at bases which have just moved up a level, possibly changing or turning off their building agenda in response.
Alfred

RE: Some fort upgrades not listed in ops report

Post by Alfred »

The Operations Report gives full notification of your own base facility improvements.  With FOW on, occasionally you will be given notification of some enemy base facility improvements.  You will be very much disappointed if you expect the Operations Report to keep you abreast of enemy base building activity.

Alfred
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

The Operations Report gives full notification of your own base facility improvements.

This is exactly the point. It doesn't. That is to say, I have counterexamples in my current game. As for enemy bases, I have no dispute with occasional misdirection due to FOW and that is entirely appropriate. But some of mine -- rarely -- get omitted.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

The Operations Report gives full notification of your own base facility improvements.  With FOW on, occasionally you will be given notification of some enemy base facility improvements.  You will be very much disappointed if you expect the Operations Report to keep you abreast of enemy base building activity.

Alfred

Mine seems to come up every time, but I also think Tracker might tell me all of the enemy base increases.

There are cases where some fortifications are captured instead of destroyed when a base is captured, in which case it will appear as if fortifications expanded from 0 to 3, for example.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

The Operations Report gives full notification of your own base facility improvements.

This is exactly the point. It doesn't. That is to say, I have counterexamples in my current game. As for enemy bases, I have no dispute with occasional misdirection due to FOW and that is entirely appropriate. But some of mine -- rarely -- get omitted.

Show examples.

Alfred
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

OK here is the situation. March 3, 1942 turn. Sinyang is at 90% of completion of a level 1 fort, and the March 4 turn shows the fort is complete at level 1. Here is the relevant part of the op report for March 3, which would normally show the completion at Sinyang among other things:
Repairs completed on SS Truant at Soerabaja, ship returned to service
Hamamatsu expands airfield to size 3
Genzan expands airfield to size 3
Peiping expands airfield to size 5
Los Angeles expands fortifications to size 3
Mojave expands airfield to size 4
Annette Island expands airfield to size 3
Cocos Islands expands fortifications to size 2
Bezwada expands fortifications to size 3
Nakhodka expands airfield to size 2
Bikin expands fortifications to size 4
Manado Garrison Battalion isolated with no supply!

If you're really skeptical I guess I can show screenshots of the base at Sinyang on the two dates. Need to know how to take a picture during the game.

Edit: BTW I am playing as Allies against the Japanese AI, latest official version.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

OK here is the situation. March 3, 1942 turn. Sinyang is at 90% of completion of a level 1 fort, and the March 4 turn shows the fort is complete at level 1. Here is the relevant part of the op report for March 3, which would normally show the completion at Sinyang among other things:
Repairs completed on SS Truant at Soerabaja, ship returned to service
Hamamatsu expands airfield to size 3
Genzan expands airfield to size 3
Peiping expands airfield to size 5
Los Angeles expands fortifications to size 3
Mojave expands airfield to size 4
Annette Island expands airfield to size 3
Cocos Islands expands fortifications to size 2
Bezwada expands fortifications to size 3
Nakhodka expands airfield to size 2
Bikin expands fortifications to size 4
Manado Garrison Battalion isolated with no supply!

If you're really skeptical I guess I can show screenshots of the base at Sinyang on the two dates. Need to know how to take a picture during the game.

Edit: BTW I am playing as Allies against the Japanese AI, latest official version.

Reread what I posted, which said that with FOW on, the Operations Report will not give full details on enemy bases.

Your post does not prove your basic assertion which is that the Operations Report always notifies you of enemy base improvements. Hence why you are concerned about some fort building not being notified.

1. Where is the evidence that no other enemy base was improved that turn.

2. Where is the unbroken chain of prior improvement notifications for every enemy base which gave notification of improvement that turn.

Show that the Operations Report always, 100% of the time without exception, gives complete notification of every enemy base improvement, you then have a bug.

Alfred

Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Reread what the OP wrote, fist two lines of first post. He is referring to his bases in his op reports with respect to fortification upgrades.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

[OP] is referring to his bases in his op reports with respect to fortification upgrades.

Exactly. This case is not an issue of enemy base info, but my own. I as Allies own Sinyang at this time, and it is the level 1 fort completion there that was omitted in the op report.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

If this bug is reproduceable with your save running, it looks like good enough case to get to Michael in the Tech subforum with the save involved.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”