Hoping for a Bombing the Reich like expansion

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

quertice

Hoping for a Bombing the Reich like expansion

Post by quertice »

WITW has an amazing air campaign war system, by mean of improvements in interface for air war, add of electronic war, and implementation of missing things to get a full detailed 1943-1945 air only scenario (even by copy-paste from BtR), WITW may became a modern version of Bombing the Reich (on week time scale obviously).

I haven't bought WITW because I'm not enough interested into land combat of western theater, but you'll sure have my money for a Bombing the Reich like expansion, or a standing alone aerial version of WITW

PS yes, I love GG'sEDtBtR, but it's getting old , so it needs of an heir [:D]
Revthought

RE: Hoping for a Bombing the Reich like expansion

Post by Revthought »

I don't know. The war past 1942 is pretty boring for me in a game of this scale if I didn't get there myself. i really wish a full 1939 to 1945 scenario were possible.
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

There are two air only campaigns in the Torch expansion. EW is modelled but we haven't split out the EW aircraft of 100 Group. If you are an air fanatic Torch also allows multiplayer where one person commands the air and the other the ground.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
danimaning2

Post by danimaning2 »

Bombing the Reich like expansion

+1 to a Bombing the Reich expansion

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”