Hex control bug during Liberation Phase

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

hazmaxed

Hex control bug during Liberation Phase

Post by hazmaxed »

Please see the attached save. Click "Yes" to have the USSR liberate Poland. Watch what happens to hex control for some of the hexes of Poland behind German lines, including several occupied by German units.

I can understand that changing control of hexes not in the zone of control of German units might be justified. But hexes occupied by, or in the ZOC of, German units, should not be liberated.

EDIT: I checked the RAC. From 13.7.5 (Liberation), 3rd paragraph under Liberation Effects:

"The liberated country also gains control of all its home country enemy controlled hexes not occupied by an enemy land or aircraft unit(s) nor in the uncontested (by the liberating side) ZOC of an enemy land unit(s)."

The liberated hexes that are behind German lines and not in the ZOC of a German unit are valid. The liberated hexes occupied by German units should not be liberated.
Attachments
Liberation.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Hex control bug during Liberation Phase

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

Please see the attached save. Click "Yes" to have the USSR liberate Poland. Watch what happens to hex control for some of the hexes of Poland behind German lines, including several occupied by German units.

I can understand that changing control of hexes not in the zone of control of German units might be justified. But hexes occupied by, or in the ZOC of, German units, should not be liberated.

EDIT: I checked the RAC. From 13.7.5 (Liberation), 3rd paragraph under Liberation Effects:

"The liberated country also gains control of all its home country enemy controlled hexes not occupied by an enemy land or aircraft unit(s) nor in the uncontested (by the liberating side) ZOC of an enemy land unit(s)."

The liberated hexes that are behind German lines and not in the ZOC of a German unit are valid. The liberated hexes occupied by German units should not be liberated.
I fixed that yesterday. It was quite a surprise to me that the program was doing it wrong (CWIF code, I believe).

36. February 6, 2016 - Fixed a problem with which country controls hexes in a liberated minor country where sometimes an enemy major power lost control of a hex it occupied with a land or air unit.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
hazmaxed

RE: Hex control bug during Liberation Phase

Post by hazmaxed »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I fixed that yesterday. It was quite a surprise to me that the program was doing it wrong (CWIF code, I believe).

36. February 6, 2016 - Fixed a problem with which country controls hexes in a liberated minor country where sometimes an enemy major power lost control of a hex it occupied with a land or air unit.

Thanks very much. Maybe it escaped notice because liberation isn't used too much? (Except for France, I imagine, if and when Paris is taken back by the Allies.)
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."

Return to “Tech Support”