ERROR When starting game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

floyd17

RE: ERROR When starting game

Post by floyd17 »

I deleted my game and removed all files that I could find. Reinstalled and I paid more attention , anyway I now have the same problem that JW reported. Now my games does starts after 4 clicks, shows 2.0.10b and seems to run fine. Again thanks
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We still need to fix the erroneous drive bug issue. Glad you can at least run the game. We will be working and testing (lots of testing) on a 2.0.11 that works and has all the correct files loading. We sincerely apologize for the breakdown in the update and hot fixes.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
JWW

Post by JWW »

I appreciate your work. Sh...stuff happens. I know you will get it fixed. It has not kept me from playing, though I am hooked on learning this Barbarossa game right now. But I will keep checking on fixes and reporting back and will get back to your great game. After all, I spent five years of my life, two tours, on "Freedom's Frontier" in the 70s and 80s.

8th ID both times. We're the ones who figured if the balloon went up without notice, we would never make it across the Rhine to our GDP positions.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

JW, we may have you and Floyd test a new exe to see if it kills the bug dead. Rob is working on code now so hopefully in a few days we can get you guys hooked up if you are interested.

IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

The "disk in startup drive" error was fixed but then immediately reverted again. Arghh. I have fixed it again and it should stay dead this time in the next release.
floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

I will be glad to do anything that will help. Hope you had a good thanksgiving.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Good one, but busy on my end. Hope yours was good too.

floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

I deleted the game from my laptop. I reinstalled the game like before (11-28) and now I now longer get any errors. Only thing different is I received a windows update. No idea. Th Also my Germany Reforged DVD still no working, same issue as before.ough I let you know.
floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

My desktop is having issues, Being checked out. Also the orgi 2.0 doesn't work, asks for disk 2, but there is none. my backup did work on laptop. Did order Players edition so I had something, Just info thanksnal Flashpoint campaign Red storm
floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

My desktop has been checked out and repaired as needed. Was able to get orginial Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm 2.0 working (they thought dvd drive or compute may have been to hot). Loaded update from 2.06 thru 2.0.10, then Germany Reforged from the download I downloaded when I bought the orginal disk. Added 2.0.10b and FPRS you provided and the games works, stated 2.0.10b. Will try and finish game as soon as possible. That just, (only another issue you are working) the orginal Germany Reforged not working. Same error Failed to open output file. Thanks for the help. Great job.
drhyed

Post by drhyed »

I was traveling for work yesterday, here are my full screen shots, the 1st one is when using the stock .exe
Attachments
3.0.jpg
3.0.jpg (137.3 KiB) Viewed 96 times
drhyed

Post by drhyed »

Here is what happens when using the provided .exe
Attachments
3.1.jpg
3.1.jpg (150.72 KiB) Viewed 96 times
drhyed

Post by drhyed »

And here is what happens after clicking ok
Attachments
3.3.jpg
3.3.jpg (70.03 KiB) Viewed 96 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the images, that will help Rob narrow down where the issue is in the code.

floyd17

Post by floyd17 »

Turn my computer on the afternoon and when I clicked on play game, the error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\device\harddrisk1\DR1". When you click 4 times on either the cancel box or try again box or continue box, it takes you the game. The main menu it shows 2.0.10b. I will try to play a game later.
JWW

Post by JWW »

Well, for the record, I no longer have the problem. I bought a new HP Windows 10 computer on Black Friday. Got it a couple of days ago. Installed the game and Reforged and updates, and it runs fine. Of course it still has that problem on my old Dell Windows 7 computer, so it is or was a real problem, but I won't be using that old computer any more.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Floyd, this could be tied to the other error. We are working on getting a new test exe together to have certain folks like you check out to see if it solves these issues. We broke some code this weekend and once we get things straightened out we will be looking to contact folks to download and test.

battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Upgraded former XP box to Win8.1 fresh install + full Windows updates, so machine is fully up to date.

Re-installed FPRS, 2.10b patch and Reforger to C:\Program File(x86)\Matrix Games folder and the game gives x4 'No disk in drive E' errors on startup.

Also lots of other errors about file access and files already existing when trying to start a scenario.

Changed Security priviledges under Matrix Games folder for all files to allow User write access. Hasn't cured everything but seems a bit better.

Will attach DXDiag and bug reports.
Attachments
Bug reports.zip
(19.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Somerset, Uk
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Battlerbritain, Please try the 11.1 beta file on our website or via the members club. That should end the weird drive bug (windows and printer diver thing that a few folks have seen).

battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

Tried the Beta 2.0.11 and my gawd that's better :)

No popups for 'No disc in driver E:' AND I can open the 'Bruder gegen Bruder' EGerman Campaign at last.

Cheers Jim.
Somerset, Uk

Return to “Tech Support”