Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

RE: Combat Reporter - report monitoring tool

Post by scout1 »

OK ... tried to follow directions and suggestions on forum ... no dice thus far .... Am running Windows 7

My modified *.bat file ......

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -splash:UV1024.jpg -Xmx1024m -jar combatreporter.jar
pause

And the error message du jour ....

Any help would be appreciated .....

Attachments
20151128_16h08_21.jpg
20151128_16h08_21.jpg (103.95 KiB) Viewed 683 times
scout1

Post by scout1 »

OK, broke down and loaded java 8 and everything works fine .....
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ok, a bit premature ..... no map, stuck on "loading map". only have 11 combat report files loaded. Instructions refer to the need for the hires images from patch 3. What is patch 3 ?
Beilisarius

Post by Beilisarius »

Taking adv of the holiday sale, I just purchased this game. I have been looking around the Forum and I think this Mod is something I should probably have. I am a little long in the tooth and aside from "on" and "off", my computer skills are non existent. If someone could take the time and outline specifically, step by step, how to put this on my computer, i would be most grateful.I do have the most recent v of Java but i am not running Windows 10. I have windows 7 if that makes a diff.
Thanks in advance for you help.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

pm sent
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Took a bit of fiddling with the .bat file to get it to run. Once I got it running I get stuck on the same location as last time! [:(]

philabos

Post by philabos »

Exactly my problem as well. Followed format, no dice.
philabos

Post by philabos »

I finally got CR 1.1 to work. Love the program, but very frustrating to get it running, at least for me.
I was convinced it was Java, but not so.
Look at your last save, copy in the exact date, and this is where I went wrong, the time.
The time should be, for example, 12/17/2015 4:57 PM. Note the SPACE between 7 and PM. I was typing 7PM instead of 7 PM.
Run a turn, save in a different slot, run CR again. You should see your latest report in the new slot.
Runs great now.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: warrenup

I finally got CR 1.1 to work. Love the program, but very frustrating to get it running, at least for me.
Look at your last save, copy in the exact date, and this is where I went wrong, the time.
The time should be, for example, 12/17/2015 4:57 PM. Note the SPACE between 7 and PM. I was typing 7PM instead of 7 PM.
Run a turn, save in a different slot, run CR again. You should see your latest report in the new slot.
Runs great now.

Thanks for posting. Still no luck for me though. [:(]

I think it may have something to do with my computer not using AM/PM format. I´ve tried every possible variation and still no luck.
bretg80

Post by bretg80 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: warrenup

Runs great now.

Thanks for posting. Still no luck for me though. [:(]

I think it may have something to do with my computer not using AM/PM format. I´ve tried every possible variation and still no luck.

hmm - I find this very odd that some of you are having this issue while most everyone else does not. So I want to figure this out so people are not frustrated starting up Combat Reporter. Please PM me if you are having this issue and let's try to diagnose it together and resolve this once and for all. As the author I apologize for the issues you are having.
I'll be back
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

bret80-

My older computer (with most of my AE games) runs v1.05; it is an essential tool IMHO.

Am beginning to transfer my AE games to a newer computer (my gal is just AWESOME!), and am using CR 1.1

Really an terrific tool; greatly respect you for the work and commitment you have put into this marvelous
utility.

Thank You for all that you have done. Your level of commitment is in keeping with all the other stellar (be it mods,
patches, Tracker or help) performers who's support makes AE exceptional.

Merry Christmas to you, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

JocMeister-

Don't give up. I had a similar time / date issue (as noted in your post) with 1.1 - had to manually enter the
date, and finally tried separating the "AM/PM" as was suggested. Runs fine now.

Take Care, Sir!

An Enlightened Mac
LAV-25 2147
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

ORIGINAL: Beilisarius

Taking adv of the holiday sale, I just purchased this game. I have been looking around the Forum and I think this Mod is something I should probably have. I am a little long in the tooth and aside from "on" and "off", my computer skills are non existent. If someone could take the time and outline specifically, step by step, how to put this on my computer, i would be most grateful.I do have the most recent v of Java but i am not running Windows 10. I have windows 7 if that makes a diff.
Thanks in advance for you help.

Beilisarius-

You will never regret purchasing AE. Combat Reporter is an absolute must with AE; if playing the Japanese side AE Tracker is another requirement.

I also, am of somewhat questionable competentcy in dealing with a computer; however that has never been an issue as the Smart Guys <tm> (and there are more than can be numbered!) will always have endless patience and an answer for you. We have but to ask...

Welcome aboard; you will become a real addict when you find yourself planning your next move- while at the office during the work day...<grin>

Mac
LAV-25 2147
MAARTENR

Post by MAARTENR »

Great is this but i dont have a map folder how can i solve this problem?
Solved problem.
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

NO one has a map folder, the program needs to know the install path so it can find the map artwork.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

My problem is the same as JocMeister with Time/date, it does not open the calendar. If I try to add the Time/Date manual it gives the same error.
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
MAARTENR

Post by MAARTENR »

I have the same problem.
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

My problem is the same as JocMeister with Time/date, it does not open the calendar. If I try to add the Time/Date manual it gives the same error.
I have noticed that the calendar evokes a popup that sometimes deploys UNDER the program (which I guess is a popUNDER). iirc I got to it with the ol ALT+TAB.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you but unfortunately, it is not the case. It gives me error when I click on the calendar.
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

the same error is shown when i input data manually.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”