Failed to extract project file to memory

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Tazak

Failed to extract project file to memory

Post by Tazak »

1.01.20 Public Beta

When trying to launch the game using the autorun.exe it gives "Failed to extract project file to memory" error.

I'm using Windows 10 and using admin settings but still get the same error, I've tried setting the compatibility settings to "run as admin" but still getting the error

Work around - launch the game directly from the game .exe works fine without setting admin rights
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
zakblood

RE: Failed to extract project file to memory

Post by zakblood »

try and add the file exe to your anti virus and spyware / firewall engine, as it's a permission not game error, for me just running from an admin account and giving admin permissions worked but that's was on pro 64bit, not stand windows 10 home so maybe different, but glad it worked for you, altering the permissions in the shortcut works for some
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
kch

Post by kch »

What worked for me was disabling the firewalls, update the game to through the launcher (which failed in the past due to the firewall) and then add the patch afterwards.

I had the same error as you, but basically it was because the game wasnt up to date before I applied the latest beta patch.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

so it's now working for everyone, good to hear[;)]

tm.asp?m=4018224

more information is here as well for reference for anyone else having issues
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

For what its worth, I updated to this beta after buying Operation Torch today and get this error. I did all the suggested things and found that the only way I can open the game is to run the .exe directly from the game folder in C drive.

The Runtime error has locked me out of the start up menu for the game.

When I run from the .exe the most recent version of the game is in the upper left and it is correctly showing that I am running the beta patch in the bottom right however.

Also I did a fresh install too. Installed WitW, updated, installed Operation Torch, checked to make sure all was up to date and it was, then installed the beta patch. Still got the error even when installing as admin and turning my firewall off.

I am running windows VISTA x64 Home Premium if that matters.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

You could try to re-apply official 1.01.12 update, then re-apply the .20 beta. Both with antivirus off. What's your antivirus program?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

I did that Deniss. Also I didn't have my antivirus on at the time of both times I installed the patches and for when I did a fresh install of the game. I use Spyhunter.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Update: I got it working. I did a fresh install for the second time and did a few things in a different order.

I installed WitW, then installed Operation Torch, then ran the updater through the game menu to get the latest official patch, then installed the beta patch. Now I have my start up game menu back and in game it says I am running the beta.

Apparently installing the base game, then bringing it up to the official patch before installing OT is not the way to go before applying the beta patch.

Return to “Tech Support”