Bug Notice: Can't afford to lose them this way

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Auchinleck

Bug Notice: Can't afford to lose them this way

Post by Auchinleck »

Playing a Solitaire Global War, I've had several units just vanish while trying to move them from point A to Point B. My latest example was attempting to transport Japanese Paratroopers in a Transport plane, when attempting to land the plane both units did their best Amelia Earhart impression, and simply disappeared. Perhaps it is revenge for one of the far flung theories about Amelia's actual fate. I don't know how I could do a screenshot of units that are no longer there, other than to try and show the unit was there, by posting a screenshot of the previous saved phase. But I don't know what good that would do.
paulderynck

RE: Bug Notice: Can't afford to lose them this way

Post by paulderynck »

Use CTRL-U (Unit Form) to find out where the game thinks they are. Even if Valhalla that would help a lot to fix the bug along with posting a saved game from just before the ATR phase.
Paul
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Thanks paul. I was actually getting into a Solitaire Global War more than in the past, because I made it to late 1943. before I would quit by late '41 because I was bored with the stalemate that seem to develop by being my own opponent. But since I kept going, I was enjoying the advancement of technology of more advanced aircraft showing up in production. One disappointment that has me wanting to start over again was me not understanding well enough ahead of time about buying plenty of Amphibious ships and transports, only to find out they then have to be constructed before I can use them unlike buying other units, and the game is showing that will take 24 turns when there are only 12 left until the end of the game. I'm not sure I still understand that kind of delay for ship building.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

TRSs take 6 turns = 1 year. Amphibs take 8 turns = less than 18 months. SCSs and CVs take between 10 and 12 turns. Global War is 36 turns long.
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”