Had to re-install Windows 7 ... ;<

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

scout1

Had to re-install Windows 7 ... ;<

Post by scout1 »

Events forced a re-install of Windows .... PC is much happier ... though have to re-load everything ....
Have AE re-installed, but looking for the link to the modifiers for launching in windows mode, hi res, etc ..... Can't seem to find it ......
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

RE: Had to re-install Windows 7 ... ;<

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

its embedded somewhere in teh forums still, might even be in one of the Sticky's.
John 21:25
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Look in the tech forum. Reams of info on switches to try with the WITP-AE shortcut in the Win 10 discussions.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It's also in one of the PDF files that gets installed with the game.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Windows 7 64bit is the best still so congrats to going back to it :)

You need I believe (if it is not not embedded meanwhile in a patch) a fix for fonts corruption. I had this at least but found the fix in the "tech forum" right here. But it maybe just the case for just certain graphic cards (no idea at least the fix worked for me) :)
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

With Win7 just remember to alter the Windows update setting so it won't auto-install optional Updates or you would get pinged with Win10 upgrade every week or so + DL several Gigs in the background.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

With Win7 just remember to alter the Windows update setting so it won't auto-install optional Updates or you would get pinged with Win10 upgrade every week or so + DL several Gigs in the background.

I remember my Win7 would do this every few days but then apparently noted I do not want Win10 and gave up to harrass me LOL [;)]

Edit: I have auto update always OFF because it also takes resources in the background if "on". If I want updates I just go to the site and check what I need myself and do not want to Win to do so much stuff on itself (control freak)
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

The settings when it comes from custom install both on XP and 7 need "some" tweaking. Esp. folder and files options, autostarts, firewall, auto update, messenger system etc. Also 1 mouseclick instead 2 :)
scout1

Post by scout1 »

My previous "flawed" Windows 7, I had the short cut set up to take advantage of my 27" 1920x1080 monitor. However, did not take note of the settings before re-installing Windows 7.
Now nothing I try works relative to the monitor resolution. Below is my latest attempt where I've cut back on all switches other than the monitor resolution. Still no dice. Is there anything obviously wrong ?

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -px1920 -py1080
scout1

Post by scout1 »

Never mind ...... once I posted this, I noticed the "autorun" instead of the main *.exe ... issue resolved
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1280 -py720 -cpu2 -skipVideo -altFont -deepColor -dd_sw

This is like my "my" shortcut looks, which seems to work good. JFI.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: scout1

Never mind ...... once I posted this, I noticed the "autorun" instead of the main *.exe ... issue resolved
See, they were right in school - sometimes writing it down helps all on its own! [:'(] [:D]

Return to “The War Room”