why nobody still play this amazing wargame?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

quertice

why nobody still play this amazing wargame?

Post by quertice »

yes, it's really old, the interface is just horrible, but it's still the best air strategic campaign wargame!

want all wargamers only land combat as TOAW and WITE? nobody care about air war wargames?
warshipbuilder

RE: why nobody still play this amazing wargame?

Post by warshipbuilder »

Patience, me lad, patience. LONG term (think years) plans are for a BTR add-on to WitW. That will probably fix a lot of what is wrong with the current version me and thee are stuck playing with for now. WitW has a nice strategic bombing component to it, although it does not have the depth of, nor a fully developed EW/ECM component like BTR. But as I said be patient and one day we will all have a much improved version of what we have now.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

I can't run it on Win 7. Is there a way around this? It messes up the interface size and visuals as is. I have single screen 1920 x 1080. If not for that I'd be playing it. I had the original BTR and indeed still have the disc and manual. It may look old, but it's really good!

Any advice on getting it to run visually ok?
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

ORIGINAL: AndyG1

I can't run it on Win 7. Is there a way around this? It messes up the interface size and visuals as is. I have single screen 1920 x 1080. If not for that I'd be playing it. I had the original BTR and indeed still have the disc and manual. It may look old, but it's really good!

Well, playing windowed mode (1024x768) don't work for you?
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

How do I get it to work in Windowed mode?
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

You can select it in the ingame Option or adding -w to the exe (create a shortcut linking to btr.exe, then go to properties and add -w in destination, after the last ").
quertice

Post by quertice »

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Patience, me lad, patience. LONG term (think years) plans are for a BTR add-on to WitW. That will probably fix a lot of what is wrong with the current version me and thee are stuck playing with for now. WitW has a nice strategic bombing component to it, although it does not have the depth of, nor a fully developed EW/ECM component like BTR. But as I said be patient and one day we will all have a much improved version of what we have now.

This is a really good new for me! It would be when released a perfect modern version of BtR

where WITW developers talked about this future add-on? do you remember the thread?

ORIGINAL: AndyG1

I play EDtBtR full screen on windows 7 with a 1920*1080 monitor without any problems, I don't know where is the issue with game no running
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

where WITW developers talked about this future add-on? do you remember the thread?

It was on the WitW dev board. Basically it was about long term plans for the franchise. A BTR add-on being one of them. So at the moment that is all that it is, a plan. Plans change. So don't get to excited.
warshipbuilder

JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I wouldn't hold my breath.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
joey

Post by joey »

Not holding my breath, but a BOB add on would also be nice. j
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

but a BOB add on would also be nice

Oh boy, now you are entering on to the realm of what would be called a drug induced fantasy[X(]
warshipbuilder

joey

Post by joey »

I always liked BOB better than BTW. BOB has more of a feeling of desperation on both sides. One side of the other has to win in an short period of time.

Drug induced never - alcohol induced maybe.....

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”