Public Beta Hotfix v221K

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Vic

Public Beta Hotfix v221K

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

Over the last months there have been a number of small fixes. Some of these were shared in private patches.
About time to post a public beta patch.

Here is version 2.21K:
http://www.advancedtactics.org/Advanced ... ld221k.zip

To apply the patch unzip the file and copy the containing .exe over the .exe in your game folder. Feel free to make a backup of the old .exe in case something is wrong.

I'll wait a week or 2 and then roll it out as an official patch.

Best wishes,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
wolf14455

RE: Public Beta Hotfix v221K

Post by wolf14455 »

nice
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

For some reason, Norton SONAR does not like the executable at all. It stops it from executing and removes it from my computer before I can stop it. It says that it is acting suspiciously and considers it to be a security threat. It scans it alright saying all is OK. But, when I try to run the file, Norton says no
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

ORIGINAL: Ormand

For some reason, Norton SONAR does not like the executable at all. It stops it from executing and removes it from my computer before I can stop it. It says that it is acting suspiciously and considers it to be a security threat. It scans it alright saying all is OK. But, when I try to run the file, Norton says no

So does my Microsoft Security...but it allows me to click on semi-hidden button that allows me to run it anyway.
AVG Internet Security Pro does not have a problem with it except it says publisher does not have certificate.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I think this file is corrupted. I have to override MS Defender to download, and get an exception error when I try to open it.
JRR
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I just downloaded it again and the file is OK. No issues on my Surface Pro 3. Loads just fine.
ORIGINAL: baloo7777

I think this file is corrupted. I have to override MS Defender to download, and get an exception error when I try to open it.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Okay...but I haven't had any problems with any other version and am playing ATG and GD1938 as we speak, so it's not that big a deal. I'll wait for next game update. I also have purchased and downloaded DC:FWtP today and it works fine.
JRR
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Steam uppdated to Version K today and I guess the changelog will posted there also. But where can I find it if I like to read it earlier?
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
HarpyEagle

Post by HarpyEagle »

I closed out of Steam, rebooted my PC and it did go through some Steam updates and installs, however once ATG Gold opened, it still said V 221.g in upper left of screen.

Where is any info on what the update has?

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”