Focus Pacific Beta

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

btd64

RE: Focus Pacific Beta

Post by btd64 »

Absolutely, but there are a few that are on the map at the same time. Just wanted to post these so you could take another look....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

hi, thanks for the update

just having a relook at the changes to the plane upgrade paths, again the following may be as intended but looks odd to my inexpert eye, particularly as i have not looked at the other mods you mention

Ki84a still seems to upgrade to the Ki64 (why not the Ki84b?)
[where as the Ki84b upgrades to the Ki84r with the Ki84r having no upgrade, which is fair enough]

Ki64 still upgrades to the Ki84b (should it have an upgrade?)

cheers
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

again, may be intentional but...

i can convert the 45 A6M2 factories to A7M2 on day one, fully repaired, then convert the 2 A7M2 factory lines back to A6M2 and build both up to 30 and switch them immediately to A7M2 - if my math is correct i'd have the SAM in mid 43??

you could easily have more factory lines and get it even earlier (and leave the size 45 factory building A6M2), though i'm not sure when the engines will be ready so don't know how useful this is ---- don't engine factories repair quicker? anyone know roughly when the Ha43 will be ready to build?

cheers
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

i can convert the 45 A6M2 factories to A7M2 on day one, fully repaired, then convert the 2 A7M2 factory lines back to A6M2 and build both up to 30 and switch them immediately to A7M2 - if my math is correct i'd have the SAM in mid 43??

you could easily have more factory lines and get it even earlier (and leave the size 45 factory building A6M2), though i'm not sure when the engines will be ready so don't know how useful this is ---- don't engine factories repair quicker? anyone know roughly when the Ha43 will be ready to build?

cheers

Thank you! I'll get these issues fixed as well.

Having someone look at the Japanese aircraft upgrades that understands how research and production works is a godsend. Both Patton and I are AFBs and I don't have as deep of an understanding of Japanese industry to make the informed decisions I need to. I really appreciate your input.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

cheers

What do you think would be the easiest way to slow this down?
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

cheers

remove the A7M2 from the A6 upgrade line - if you still want the A7M2 to come in a bit earlier than stock you could instead give it some pre built research factories like you have done with some of the other lines
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

cheers

remove the A7M2 from the A6 upgrade line - if you still want the A7M2 to come in a bit earlier than stock you could instead give it some pre built research factories like you have done with some of the other lines

Hmm, I thought I had done that on the most recent patch. I'll have to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Para, I was poking around the editor and found this;
2nd PG, name change date needs updating, from 06/01/42 to 05/14/42. Unit ID for one unit is 2283. The others are right there as well....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Para, I was poking around the editor and found this;
2nd PG, name change date needs updating, from 06/01/42 to 05/14/42. Unit ID for one unit is 2283. The others are right there as well....GP

Thanks Patton.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

New Zeland F4F-4's have USN markings. Just a small thing....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Aussie F4F-4's are the same. Plus after the upgrade to this airframe, there next upgrade is the USN/MC F4F-4....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Aussie F4F-4's are the same. Plus after the upgrade to this airframe, there next upgrade is the USN/MC F4F-4....GP

Hmmm. Not sure if I have commonwealth F4F art, I may switch these all to Martlets.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Hmmm. Not sure if I have commonwealth F4F art, I may switch these all to Martlets.

Martlets are a good idea. When you fixed the downgrade of base force units,(Dutch) did you check others? How close are you to release? I am available to test before you release....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Martlets are a good idea. When you fixed the downgrade of base force units,(Dutch) did you check others? How close are you to release? I am available to test before you release....GP

I've gone through and changed upgrade TOEs on a lot of different base units, trying to ensure the problem doesn't crop up again for other countries as well, crossing my fingers that I've got them all.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

will this beautiful mod include new graphics for planes and ships?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
btd64

Post by btd64 »

There is some new aircraft art, and chemkids newest map....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

pad152

Post by pad152 »

Question, will the installer destroy my current game, change (map, art files, etc)?
pad152

Post by pad152 »

Did both scenario's get updated in the 1.102 patch? Noticed a Japanese unit starts in George Town (allied controlled) in the Non-Active Soviet Scenario but, not in the Active Soviet scenario.

\
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

What unit? That's probably a mistake.

Both scenarios should have been updated.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: pad152

Question, will the installer destroy my current game, change (map, art files, etc)?

It's best to install Focus Pacific onto a clean, update install of WitP:AE, as there are map and art changes that won't play well with your ongoing game.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”