Soviet Division Command Radius

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

JohnOsb

Soviet Division Command Radius

Post by JohnOsb »

I saw somewhere about Soviet Division Headquarters being discuss on the forums but can't find it. The question I have is, I see the Division Headquarters in the database but when looking at the Headquarters values there isn't any Division showing the command radius. It only shows from Regiment on down to Company level.
Can it be added to the Headquarters Value by me and set the radius or is it hard code in the game?
Stimpak

RE: Soviet Division Command Radius

Post by Stimpak »

It would seem that Brigade and higher (Since Divisional is actually out of scale) would have the "Brigade/Regiment" command radius, as their Regimental HQs are seemingly assigned "Regiment/Battalion". On a standard map however, a Soviet divisional HQ's command radius governs the entire map.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Right now there are only the HQ radii as set in the National tab of the data files. One thing we will be looking at in Southern Storm is having radii from section HQ to Army to cover all the possibilities. With the original footprint of the game we thought we had all the bases covered. Live and learn.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

Could this work, if the Division HQs was off-map like we can do for arty? Of course the Div Hqs will have to be able to move after so many minutes to avoid arty fire.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”