Weird graphics display

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

zasgard

Weird graphics display

Post by zasgard »

Just downloaded SPWaw 2016 and when I load the game I get some serious colors on the screen....like a serious acid trip [:D]

W7 user

thanks
Kuokkanen

RE: Weird graphics display

Post by Kuokkanen »

Near top of the forum is thread: Top: [FAQ] w/ attachment(s) Windows 7 *GUARANTEED* fix. Have you read it yet?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
zasgard

Post by zasgard »

I have

I extracted that file into my SPWaW folder. What do I do next?

Thanks
zasgard

Post by zasgard »

Now I can't even get the game to install. Something about not being able to install Mr.Finder

zasgard

Post by zasgard »

Meh, forget this.

Crappy 800x600 reso on this game

I'll buy the enhanced game
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: zasgard

Enhanced is mod for SPWAW. It is not for sale.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
zasgard

Post by zasgard »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: zasgard

Enhanced is mod for SPWAW. It is not for sale.

Thanks Matti, but I meant Shrapnel's CD version (higher resolution), but now I'm going to pass on the series all together.

Appreciate your help
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

I see you've had difficulties getting SP:WaW to run properly on your Win 7.

Just wanted to say that if you were attracted to the game by its promise, your persistence will be rewarded if you work on it some more. Have you tried seeking help at the Depot?

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/

Trust me, the game won't disappoint you... as a matter of fact, you just might love it.
In any version, SP:WaW comes with training scenarios that are great to learn it with.
There is a free Academy you can join at the Depot to develop & hone more advanced skills.
Then, after a bit, many of us feel that PBEM play against another human is the best!
I and others at the Depot would gladly help you through any problems or questions you have.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”