Game Messages

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
pzgndr

Game Messages

Post by pzgndr »

Am I missing something or is there some way to pull up previously displayed game messages and battle reports at the start of a turn? I can't find any sort of message log or other means to catch up on "news" regarding what's happening outside whatever country I'm playing. Empires in Arms has a status panel that players can check and go back to previous events to catch up on things. I'm not seeing anything comparable in WON?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Aurelian

RE: Game Messages

Post by Aurelian »

Lower right corner.

Will display all messages from previous turn. (Two sided red box.)

Attachments
Screenshot27.jpg
Screenshot27.jpg (401.04 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Aurelian, no, it doesn't. Only messages for the country you are playing are displayed. For example, playing Spain during the August 1805 Campaign to see what's going on there is a battle at Ulm between France and Austria during the first turn and a brief battle message is displayed during the turn resolution. At the start of the next turn there is no information about this battle, in fact no messages for Spain on Turn 2. Later turns have other messages, but only those related to Spain and not what's happening outside whatever country I'm playing.

What I am getting at is that WON could/should provide some additional message logging capability for players to review messages from the previous turn, and ideally a running log for several turns/months to be able to go back and review previous activity. At least any message that gets displayed during turn resolution should be retained someplace for players to review later, else if we step away from the computer for whatever reason then we miss something. Again, maybe this is available someplace and I'm missing it, or else maybe AGEOD could consider adding something along these lines.
Bill Macon
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Aurelian, no, it doesn't. Only messages for the country you are playing are displayed
What?

Attachments
what.jpg
what.jpg (332.86 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

One more time. In my example I'm playing the August 1805 campaign as Spain and see the Ulm battle message during turn resolution. Yes, I see the messages panel at the start of the next turn, but no there is no message reporting the Ulm battle between France and Austria. How many forces involved? Who won? Etc. I am not seeing any battle report in the messages. And messages shown are only for the previous turn, nothing saved to go back and review later.

Again, I am simply suggesting that WON could provide some more info here. If it's worth stopping game resolution to display a battle report then why not provide it in the messages?

Attachments
WONmessages.jpg
WONmessages.jpg (202.34 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Bill Macon

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”