Campaign - Different Battle Types?

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
Megalomatrix

Campaign - Different Battle Types?

Post by Megalomatrix »

Have been playing a P+S campaigns game recently, and I'm not sure about one point:

In skirmish mode, there are various battle types from open battle to flank march...

When I play in the campaigns, I only seem to get "open battle"-type scenarios. Can you have other ones -- specifically, the option to set up fortifications as a defender?

Thanks!
rbodleyscott

RE: Campaign - Different Battle Types?

Post by rbodleyscott »

ORIGINAL: Wartasticus

Have been playing a P+S campaigns game recently, and I'm not sure about one point:

In skirmish mode, there are various battle types from open battle to flank march...

When I play in the campaigns, I only seem to get "open battle"-type scenarios. Can you have other ones -- specifically, the option to set up fortifications as a defender?

Thanks!

You don't get the choice, but your generals or the enemy generals may decide to engage in a defensive battle.
Megalomatrix

RE: Campaign - Different Battle Types?

Post by Megalomatrix »

Thanks. That's all I needed to know...

Return to “Pike & Shot Series”