DWU Advisior suggestion bugs

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Burocktr

DWU Advisior suggestion bugs

Post by Burocktr »

Hi,i bought DWU 3 year ago and installed fresh to my pc.My system is win 8.1(turkish os).So here is to problems after couple test in the game.

Advisior not suggesting proberly and not working proberly in last patch:
-Retrofit and upgrade suggestion broken.Only fleets working properly
-When i have enought money advisior not suggestion buy ships etc.Only my money decresead its happen to buy something.Example,i have 20k and advisior suggestion not pop up for build a Research Center and it pop up after i have 7k but there no money for build research center this is a bug or something?
Chris21wen

RE: DWU Advisior suggestion bugs

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Burocktr

Hi,i bought DWU 3 year ago and installed fresh to my pc.My system is win 8.1(turkish os).So here is to problems after couple test in the game.

-When i have enought money advisior not suggestion buy ships etc.Only my money decresead its happen to buy something.Example,i have 20k and advisior suggestion not pop up for build a Research Center and it pop up after i have 7k but there no money for build research center this is a bug or something?

My suggestion is to turn them off. You only need them when you first start playing but they become a proper pain in the backside after a while and only build stuff you can afford.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

do you know how to post up your save game here? I always have fun seeing what happens when I run your game.. And I'll see if I get the popups like you mention..

maybe upload here if you can't use this forum..

http://www.zippyshare.com/

and you'll probably have to email or private message me the link depending on the amazing amount of time and posts you have on this forum..
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

It is hard to know exactly what happens in your case. Below are things that may have happened.

- Retrofit can fail because the AI judges that it is not needed, or that there is not money enough to do the retrofit. Some retrofits can be quite expensive.

- The AI is very fond of Cashflow when it comes to building stuff. Occasionally it looks on cash on hand and uses some of that in addition to available cashflow. This means that you can see the AI suggest to build stuff for 100k, only for the build order to be empty when you open it. 100k was from the "occasional check" on cash on hand, the 0 suggestion is from checking your negative small cashflow.

- If you have rather little amounts of money, changes in your cash on hand may mess up a suggestion to build stuff. When the AI suggested it, you had 7k to build a research center. Then some time passed, and you no longer have 7k when you try to accept the suggestion.
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

It is hard to know exactly what happens in your case. Below are things that may have happened.

- Retrofit can fail because the AI judges that it is not needed, or that there is not money enough to do the retrofit. Some retrofits can be quite expensive.

- The AI is very fond of Cashflow when it comes to building stuff. Occasionally it looks on cash on hand and uses some of that in addition to available cashflow. This means that you can see the AI suggest to build stuff for 100k, only for the build order to be empty when you open it. 100k was from the "occasional check" on cash on hand, the 0 suggestion is from checking your negative small cashflow.

- If you have rather little amounts of money, changes in your cash on hand may mess up a suggestion to build stuff. When the AI suggested it, you had 7k to build a research center. Then some time passed, and you no longer have 7k when you try to accept the suggestion.

Sorry 2 month late reply i was busy,Yes i got alot money sometimes for retrofit for everything nearly,escepially i trying test at moment when begin fresh game also when begining prewarp is retrofit mostly buggy seems like,Space port majority not retrofiting also i doing manual but its sux later when i have big empire like becouse still not retrofiting and i begin hate manual like.Its working good when begin to game fresh but later its broken.Save is here
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/qw1wEnEC/file.html
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I noticed something in the original that is not random, but long shot.

Turkish OS? Turkish regional settings? Try setting your regional setting to English (or something else not Turkish) and see if it makes a difference.

In an entirely different area than this, I was hit by the Turkish bug. What is the Turkish bug? Something with two types of 'i' and the uppercase of 'i' not being "I" in Turkish, or something like that. And that with turkish locale the upper case version of "matrix" is not "MATRIX" for instance.

I would not expect this to be the problem, but it is a rather simple thing to test from your side.
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I noticed something in the original that is not random, but long shot.

Turkish OS? Turkish regional settings? Try setting your regional setting to English (or something else not Turkish) and see if it makes a difference.

In an entirely different area than this, I was hit by the Turkish bug. What is the Turkish bug? Something with two types of 'i' and the uppercase of 'i' not being "I" in Turkish, or something like that. And that with turkish locale the upper case version of "matrix" is not "MATRIX" for instance.

I would not expect this to be the problem, but it is a rather simple thing to test from your side.
ok i try and test reply back soon
And yes i using turkish os win 8.1 try with english settings.

Return to “Tech Support”