Not in wide screen, need help

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Fallschirmjager

Not in wide screen, need help

Post by Fallschirmjager »

I have the game on a new laptop, I entered the command line entry and I am still getting black bars down the side of my screen when I play.
Here is my command line
-px1920 –py1080 -deepColor -skipVideo

What am I doing wrong?
Arnhem44

RE: Not in wide screen, need help

Post by Arnhem44 »

Try adding "-f"?

shot in the dark but no harm trying.
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Where is the :Command entry line" and where do I add the -f?
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

I have the game on a new laptop, I entered the command line entry and I am still getting black bars down the side of my screen when I play.
Here is my command line

What am I doing wrong?
First off, that is not your entire command line, it is only the switches. I know you might think it's redundant, but pasting in the entire command line here can help immensely in many cases.

In this case, I am able to identify one definite problem. The "-" character in front of each switch is supposed to be a plain old "-". But the "-" you have in front of the py switch is not a real dash. Most likely you copy pasted that from the documentation and got a typeset character (en-dash or em-dash) that looks a little better in a PDF or a printed manual.

Delete the "-" in front of the py command and type it back in yourself. See if that helps.
Fallschirmjager

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Here is my command line

What am I doing wrong?
First off, that is not your entire command line, it is only the switches. I know you might think it's redundant, but pasting in the entire command line here can help immensely in many cases.

In this case, I am able to identify one definite problem. The "-" character in front of each switch is supposed to be a plain old "-". But the "-" you have in front of the py switch is not a real dash. Most likely you copy pasted that from the documentation and got a typeset character (en-dash or em-dash) that looks a little better in a PDF or a printed manual.

Delete the "-" in front of the py command and type it back in yourself. See if that helps.

[:o]

This was the issue
Cursed by my own laziness

I replaced the short line with a hyphen and that fixed the switches that I entered.
Now I feel dumb for even starting this. I should know better than to blindly copy and paste
Fallschirmjager

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

Where is the :Command entry line" and where do I add the -f?

Since someone helped me, I will help you

Find your War in the Pacific Quick Start icon
Right click on it
In the 'target' box
Type in -f or the other command line switches
At the end of the existing line there is a "
Leave a space after the " and begin adding in your additional switches
There is a full list under the 'Whats new document'

Just don't pull a me and copy and paste them blindly. Actually type them out or you could come back here and end up posting a needless thread.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Just don't pull a me and copy and paste them blindly. Actually type them out or you could come back here and end up posting a needless thread.

Don't be so hard on yourself we all goof at some point.[;)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Here is my command line

What am I doing wrong?

The existence of these typeset characters is one of my pet peeves, especially when they are foisted upon us. I frequently delete them so that I can use a standard -.
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Its bitten me before.....

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

The advice is always some form of 'delete the "-" and retype it' and the question (from new folks) is always "why?", so how does this look for a standard explanation?

Attachments
Dash00.jpg
Dash00.jpg (262.92 KiB) Viewed 152 times
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

This was the issue
Cursed by my own laziness

I replaced the short line with a hyphen and that fixed the switches that I entered.
Now I feel dumb for even starting this. I should know better than to blindly copy and paste

Laziness? It's not so easy copying something with a quill pen on papyrus, cutting it out and pasting it with Elmer's glue. Tell me how I get that to work. It hasn't so far. [:(]

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Elmer's? I thought they ate all the cows on Gorn.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Elmer's? I thought they ate all the cows on Gorn.

Remember Soylent Green? They make it out of gorns! In case you didn't get that, they make it out of gorns!

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

One of those eco-Nazis came up with that. They thought it would be, well, green.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”