Unit formations not showing in OOB

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Casus_Belli

Unit formations not showing in OOB

Post by Casus_Belli »

I'm having a problem the unit formations don't show up in the OOB screen. This makes organising very tedious, as I have to back to the map every time to see if units have their full TOE complements or what's in them. I've tried clean reinstalled a couple of times and it still doesn't work. My playing partner doesn't have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, or how/whether I can fix it?
I have a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to add it. It won't paste or drag and the format is not supported.
Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed.
zakblood

RE: Unit formations not showing in OOB

Post by zakblood »

alter the file format gif/txt/jpg only
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I checked your report and you are correct. I sent an email to Vic with screenshots.
ORIGINAL: Casus_Belli

I'm having a problem the unit formations don't show up in the OOB screen. This makes organising very tedious, as I have to back to the map every time to see if units have their full TOE complements or what's in them. I've tried clean reinstalled a couple of times and it still doesn't work. My playing partner doesn't have the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, or how/whether I can fix it?
I have a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to add it. It won't paste or drag and the format is not supported.

Attachments
20160126_174557.jpg
20160126_174557.jpg (188.69 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I just saw the picture and realized I am having the same problem...it only happens sometimes and only with certain units....so some show the graphics and some don't but I have not figured out any pattern. One turn they will show and the next they will not. Sometimes the same turn if I close and reopen the OOB.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

If a unit does not have a template applied it views normally on the OOB screen.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Vic

Post by Vic »

I put it on my to-do list for the next patch.

The current beta batch is almost through the publishers procedures and available for both Matrix and Steam game variants.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Another TOE problem that I noticed in the editor. Import the models and set a unit to a model type. It will assign the unit a name, like 4th Infantry Division. If you change the "short name" in the "change model" window, say from 4 to 20, the number on the unit changes, but the name doesn't. It is still 4th Infantry Division, and not 20th Infantry Division. So, if your making a historical scenario, you have to manually change the name of each unit. Could this be automated?
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”