Loaded dice

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

waltero

Loaded dice

Post by waltero »

I never feel the thrill of victory (don't feel much of anything) when playing pbem.
I stopped playing pbem years ago.

How do you feel about playing PBEM games?
I'm guessing that reloads are commonplace where PBEM is involved

All multiplayer PBEM games- not just playing a PBEM tournament game, should have a inherent (or access to) PBEM anti-reload system. State which battle and the computer automatically sends a report/request to opponent.
The only multiplayer PBEM games to be played are with Acts, cyberboard etc. Very limited on games.
I went shopping a few weeks back, I thought I seen some newer multiplayer-PBEM games that were coming out.
I could be mistaking. DO they still create multiplayer games that are PBEM? If so, why, why???

When I say PBEM I am not talking PBEM++system or any other form of system other than load/reload...send.
"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
wings7

RE: Loaded dice

Post by wings7 »

Personally, I prefer playing face to face when a game involves dice [:)]...it would be worth a try doing a PBEM dice game.

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: waltero

How do you feel about playing PBEM games?
I'm guessing that reloads are commonplace where PBEM is involved
No. It's not so common as you think.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

It's one of the advantages of the PBEM++ system (on top of ease of finding opponents and integration) - we can and do track download rations to punish cheaters who attempt to reload turns.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

It depends upon who you play with. Play with people you feel have good character and it is not a problem.
Flipper
waltero

Post by waltero »

A multiplayer game that is strictly PBEM is not really multiplayer compatible.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I think a newer way of die results is needed. Not just a 1 die fits all type of thing but several die and let the player choose which die to use. For instance the player gets to choose 3 die out of 5 rolled for the results on a rear attack. He gets die depending on his power and positions. Flanks get 4 die, rear get 5 or 6 die and frontal get at least 2 die. The die roll results are his pick that are allowed by that quantity of die. So if he has 4 die he get's to pick 2 of the 4 die for his results +1 die if he's more powerful or in a good defensive position etc. etc. If he has two die he at least gets a choice of which one to use and when only two die are rolled if the same number comes up he gets another roll of one of those die. I'll believe it's more random if I get choices and not have to rely on just what the computer wants to give me on one particular die.

The other method is like the one used in Guardians of Graxia with cards. Although I think it cheats as well cause it always comes up with the same counter card as the one I have played to get more attack value. It comes up with the same number card to take away that attack value. Thus I get no improvement on combat while it does when it is on the combat side because I actually have to guess what it's going to play for an offensive card. If AI's weren't known for cheating it wouldn't be such an issue. But, AI's are cheating more and more these days to cover up how awful they really are.
waltero

Post by waltero »

Edit: All multiplayer PBEM games- not just playing a PBEM tournament game, should have a inherent (or access to) PBEM anti-reload system. State which battle and the computer automatically sends a report/request to opponent.

The only multiplayer PBEM games to be played are with Acts, cyberboard etc. Very limited on games.

I went shopping a few weeks back, I thought I seen some newer multiplayer-PBEM games that were coming out.
I could be mistaking. DO they still create multiplayer games that are PBEM? If so, why, why???

When I say PBEM I am not talking PBEM++system or any other form of system other than load/reload...send.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Why don't you use a random die roller from the internet? They are free and send results to multiple e-mails almost instantly. If you play on Skype, you can always point the camera down towards the table and roll real dice.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
waltero

Post by waltero »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Why don't you use a random die roller from the internet? They are free and send results to multiple e-mails almost instantly. If you play on Skype, you can always point the camera down towards the table and roll real dice.

Not so easy when the game (computer) automatically rolls the dice for you?
Some computer games have no dice to speak of.

Any time an attack is made/rolled, automatically send attack log to opponent?
It's no real matter to me, I can do without. Does anybody purchase PBEM games for multiplayer (use) compatibility anymore?
New multiplayer game coming out- PBEM only...good luck with that!

PBEM could be acceptable if the game would save the original combat results.
Who or what is to blame for the reloading of games, could it be the AI?
Do away with reloads entirely!!![:'(]

The only thing I like about the AI is when I am wanting to learn a game.
What do we all learn from the AI...reload, reload, reload!!!
Artificial Intelligence wins[X(]

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,

Return to “General Discussion”