Sorted please ignore - A real puzzler this one - copied install

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RogerJNeilson

Sorted please ignore - A real puzzler this one - copied install

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Ok I hit a security problem with Windows 7 and one of my installs - it would not let me change or copy any files. After trying to sort it I reckoned life was too short so simply created another directory and copied another of my games across into there, then added the relevant game files across. I also copied the command switches that I use on my other games. So all is fine and dandy.

I have installs that are identical apart from the actual game files .pws ones, and the switches are the same for all of them.....

But, the new install runs much slower than the others, and when I click to bring up any of the info windows again its slow. When I use the R hotkey it takes forever to display.

Any ideas????

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RogerJNeilson

Sorted. RE: A real puzzler this one - copied install

Post by RogerJNeilson »

OK sorted by another method, fixing the file security issue.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
witpqs

RE: Sorted. RE: A real puzzler this one - copied install

Post by witpqs »

What was it?
RogerJNeilson

RE: Sorted. RE: A real puzzler this one - copied install

Post by RogerJNeilson »

I have no idea, never solved it. It still is running crazily.

However I have 'fixed' the original install - sort of. That one runs fine but just doesn't like to save a file a second time - security setting gone crazy somewhere. Works when I close down Parallels and reopen it and reinstall something called Parallels Tools - it then lets me re-save and delete once only on any file - then I have to do the same again. Most peculiar, but at least the game runs smoothly and I await a solution form the software guys at Parallels.

Ho, hum.

Roger

Return to “Tech Support”