Ocean of (Allied) Blood.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bigred

RE: 45-2-18

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces
I can deviate from my invasion of Luzon and slam 6 divisions into the Hanoi area to block the withdrawal,but this will put my timetable out of wack by three months. Of course the withdrawing units will be trapped(500k IJA).

The key would be how the plan fits into your endgame for victory .. Are you thinking of the ground VP's? or just keeping so much force trapped that you can selectivly use your reserves to achieve the end goal?
It seems to be vary hard to completely kill these IJA units unless they are on an island, Also I am running low on reserve US Army replacements, so to kill the IJA for VP's may be beyond my reach.
Plan then seems to be to keep these units from participating in a China/Japan defense. I suspect the only units in China all all Garrison requirements. I have read that 50k supply placed into China coastal port is a godsend for the supply starved Chinese army. China is completely conquered in this no rules game.

I will pick up 10k VPs when Singers is captured with the destruction of his 100k defending troops on Malay Peninsula. Also looks like I will pick up 10k VPs if I retake Luzon. I can pick up anoth 10k if I can figure out how to reactivate the chinese and retake Chungking.

Now is a good time to talk about the end game. I am playing for a draw. To achieve a draw I may have to perform an operation Olympic. Use of an A-bomb is probably a bad idea as it shifts the victory level further in favor of Japan.

For the next three months my objectives are to build closer airfields to Japan so I can night bomb his industry with medium and heavy bombers. After Soviet entry with be when I consider the direct assault into his home islands. Until USSR entry I dont think I have the ground power to push FatR around.

I do not have complete air superiority because FatR has done a good job with his air research and currently has deployed those advanced 45 fighters early in 45. My F4U-1d and p51d fighters can not sweep a IJ defended strong point such as Singers or Palembang.

The IJN KB is active and lurking around the Osaka area with about 10 CVs. I would say currently we are equal in CV power because FatR has sunk so many of my CV/CVEs..The big equalizer is the fact that I have destroyed 80% of his oil production via night strat bombing within the past 45 days. I hope FatR is soon to run out of fuel. So FatR would really like another decisive CV battle soon.

Because FatR put the KB into the HI I am free to move about the South China Sea. He probably cant come back down south because if he runs out fuel he might not make it back to Tokyo.

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (110.85 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

Now is a good time to talk about the end game. I am playing for a draw. To achieve a draw I may have to perform an operation Olympic. Use of an A-bomb is probably a bad idea as it shifts the victory level further in favor of Japan.

correction. I should be able to get a draw if I retake Singers, retake Luzon, and bomb the jap industry. If I do an operation Olympic then I might get a marginal victory.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: The Indo China Trap

Post by bigred »

In stunning developments the Lushai Para brigade is locked in a death struggle with a IJA Armor Regiment at Touraine, just south of Hue in Vietnam. The outcome of this battle could lead to the demise of 500k IJA troops retreating from Southeast Asia. Note the movement of IJA troops from Bangkok to Saigon, the abandonment of Ayuthia and now allied occupation. Also note the allied TF's off coast in support of the para drop.
Ground combat at Tourane (66,65)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1060 troops, 0 guns, 142 vehicles, Assault Value = 71

Defending force 2161 troops, 36 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 79

Japanese adjusted assault: 47

Allied adjusted defense: 31

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), preparation(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Vehicles lost 17 (4 destroyed, 13 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
40 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
12th Tank Regiment
23rd Field AA Machinecannon Company

Defending units:
Lushai Bde /1

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (407.24 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: Tidbits

Post by bigred »

Shortage of Naval fighter pilots....

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (783.41 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: Tidbits

Post by bigred »

allies

Attachments
A2.jpg
A2.jpg (902.61 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: bigred
I can deviate from my invasion of Luzon and slam 6 divisions into the Hanoi area to block the withdrawal,but this will put my timetable out of wack by three months. Of course the withdrawing units will be trapped(500k IJA).

The key would be how the plan fits into your endgame for victory .. Are you thinking of the ground VP's? or just keeping so much force trapped that you can selectivly use your reserves to achieve the end goal?
It seems to be vary hard to completely kill these IJA units unless they are on an island, Also I am running low on reserve US Army replacements, so to kill the IJA for VP's may be beyond my reach.
Plan then seems to be to keep these units from participating in a China/Japan defense. I suspect the only units in China all all Garrison requirements. I have read that 50k supply placed into China coastal port is a godsend for the supply starved Chinese army. China is completely conquered in this no rules game.

I will pick up 10k VPs when Singers is captured with the destruction of his 100k defending troops on Malay Peninsula. Also looks like I will pick up 10k VPs if I retake Luzon. I can pick up anoth 10k if I can figure out how to reactivate the chinese and retake Chungking.

For the next three months my objectives are to build closer airfields to Japan so I can night bomb his industry with medium and heavy bombers. After Soviet entry with be when I consider the direct assault into his home islands. Until USSR entry I dont think I have the ground power to push FatR around.

I do not have complete air superiority because FatR has done a good job with his air research and currently has deployed those advanced 45 fighters early in 45. My F4U-1d and p51d fighters can not sweep a IJ defended strong point such as Singers or Palembang.

The IJN KB is active and lurking around the Osaka area with about 10 CVs. I would say currently we are equal in CV power because FatR has sunk so many of my CV/CVEs..The big equalizer is the fact that I have destroyed 80% of his oil production via night strat bombing within the past 45 days. I hope FatR is soon to run out of fuel. So FatR would really like another decisive CV battle soon.

Because FatR put the KB into the HI I am free to move about the South China Sea. He probably cant come back down south because if he runs out fuel he might not make it back to Tokyo.

You can use two atom bombs without Victory penalty.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Well first, as BB fan boy says .. use of 2 atom bombs in the right place will accumulate lots of strat points

Two .. those LYB's in Southeast Asia are probably low or without supply. Units in non-base hexes in a malaria
area undergo a die roll for attrition. They might be more vulnerable than you think it just takes time

Three .. Victory by points is a ratio thing and your accumulation of points is the numerator .. the loss of
VP for the IJ are in the denominator. The change of ratio is faster at any point by taking away high
IJ value bases vs gaining high value Allied bases. For example, base X is say calculated at 1,000 points for the
IJ but only 20 Allied points. This is a good target because you change the ratio by taking away points
in the bottom number in the equation though you only gain a bit of Allied points. A base worth a 1,000
points on the Allied side and only 20 points for the IJ does not move the ratio as rapidly ...

Lastly .. I propose that the cost of gaining or taking away points from the IJ needs to be considered gaining
1,000 base VP's at a cost of 1,500 VP given away in losses is a net loss .. bigtime... because your losses
go to that bottom number ...

I might suggest looking for targets that have big IJ bonuses before looking for bases with high Allied bonus VP's ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
bigred

Post by bigred »

Ayuthia had appeared to be empty for 2 turns, so I made a dash for it with the Indian 4th corp and assets. We got into the controlled IJAhex and needed to attack to get base control. I did not expect the IJA armored corp to show up.

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (423.19 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

Well first, as BB fan boy says .. use of 2 atom bombs in the right place will accumulate lots of strat points

Two .. those LYB's in Southeast Asia are probably low or without supply. Units in non-base hexes in a malaria
area undergo a die roll for attrition. They might be more vulnerable than you think it just takes time

Three .. Victory by points is a ratio thing and your accumulation of points is the numerator .. the loss of
VP for the IJ are in the denominator. The change of ratio is faster at any point by taking away high
IJ value bases vs gaining high value Allied bases. For example, base X is say calculated at 1,000 points for the
IJ but only 20 Allied points. This is a good target because you change the ratio by taking away points
in the bottom number in the equation though you only gain a bit of Allied points. A base worth a 1,000
points on the Allied side and only 20 points for the IJ does not move the ratio as rapidly ...

Lastly .. I propose that the cost of gaining or taking away points from the IJ needs to be considered gaining
1,000 base VP's at a cost of 1,500 VP given away in losses is a net loss .. bigtime... because your losses
go to that bottom number ...

I might suggest looking for targets that have big IJ bonuses before looking for bases with high Allied bonus VP's ..
Well, I agree but 90 percent of the big bases left are all hight allied point count bases.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: 45-2-20

Post by bigred »

I got hammered this turn near Bangkock.

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (742.01 KiB) Viewed 90 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: 45-2-24

Post by bigred »

I moved a BB TF to Malacca to increase pressure on Singers. Mogambi TF and a Fuso TF both reacted out causing a night battle in the straights. Looks as if the Fletchers did more damage.

Attachments
45-2-24a.jpg
45-2-24a.jpg (837.73 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: 45-3-6

Post by bigred »

We have played 2 game weeks in real time 3 months. Update on positions.
Massive air war over Okinawa.
Chinese struggle against 6 jap divisions on the burma road.

Attachments
45-3-6b.jpg
45-3-6b.jpg (652.37 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

Allied landing at Mindanao and Luzon.
Mindanao is contested with light armor invading SLNF held ports.
No enemy garrison at ports outside Manila so we paradroped into the ports w/ followup invasions.
Exhaustion is the word on the Malay peninsula.
This turn Jesselton port has air and sea interdiction with good results.
Night bombed Singers past two turns w24% moon.
Night Air attack on Singapore , at 50,84
FatR disturbed about CV loss to sub in SC Sea.
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Mar 08, 45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Hengchun at 83,67

Japanese Ships
CV Ikoma, Torpedo hits 2, on fire
CLAA Tenryu
DD Kiri
DD Kuwa
DD Ume
DD Yunagi
DD Tachibana
DD Yanagi

Allied Ships
SS Capelin, hits 10, heavy damage

Ammo storage explosion on CV Ikoma
SS Capelin launches 6 torpedoes at CV Ikoma
Weather in hex: Overcast
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raid detected at 48 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 3

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
xAK Nichibi Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AD Bandoeng Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AD Koshu Maru #2, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
CMc Katashima, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Meigen Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Esashagawa Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Nitii Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
Japanese Ships
xAK Nichibi Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Meigen Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
Japanese Ships
ACM Kembu Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage
xAK Nitii Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
ACM America Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Time Surface Combat, near Miri at 64,86, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
E No.63, Shell hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
E No.68, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
E No.69, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
E No.72, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
AK Kazuura Maru, Shell hits 11, heavy fires, heavy damage
AK Kogyo Maru, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
AK Kyusyu Maru, Shell hits 4
AK Teiyo Maru, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
AK Yamakaze Maru, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
AK Okiyu Maru, Shell hits 28, heavy fires, heavy damage
AK Nichiyu Maru, Shell hits 34, and is sunk
AK Momokawa Maru, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Akagisan Maru, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Kosei Maru, Shell hits 15, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Cony
DD O'Bannon
DD Uhlmann, Shell hits 1
DD Yarnall
DD Gwin, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Thompson, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Nemo
Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Miri at 64,86

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 18 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 4
Ki-84r Frank x 11

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 16
F6F-5 Hellcat x 9
TBM-1C Avenger x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 1 destroyed
Ki-84r Frank: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1D Corsair: 3 destroyed
F6F-5 Hellcat: 2 destroyed
TBM-1C Avenger: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
xAK Ryoka Maru, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
AK Kogyo Maru, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
xAK Kinryu Maru, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 22in Mk 13 Torpedo
Attachments
45-3-6a.jpg
45-3-6a.jpg (975.79 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

edit
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: FatR mentions supply problems

Post by bigred »

FatR mentions supply issues as I work to get 30000 VPs before the USSR enters the war. If u look at post 1321 I have picked up 3000vp to his 500 in 20 days.

Attachments
45-3-6 vp.jpg
45-3-6 vp.jpg (132.45 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

The KB has moved from Taiwan to Saigon, losing a 250VP CV on the way. USA next to manila.

Attachments
45-3-6c.jpg
45-3-6c.jpg (320.3 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

I have requested a draw from FatR. No reply. FatR expects me to make the 30000 points before Russian entry.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Miller

Post by Miller »

ORIGINAL: bigred

I have requested a draw from FatR. No reply. FatR expects me to make the 30000 points before Russian entry.

Bail out and concentrate on our game[:D]

But seriously, one turn every 6 or 7 days is just pathetic.
bigred

RE: KB moves to Singers

Post by bigred »

KB has moved to one turn distance from Singers. Probably in response to my harrassing Fletcher DD raids of his convoy line. FatR still has 300 oil per turn at Palembang and a big troop buildup at Saigon. He may be moving those troops either to the Home Islands or to Manila, which I invaded luzon about a week earlier.

Attachments
45-3-16.jpg
45-3-16.jpg (311.97 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

RE: Chinese retake Cheng Tu

Post by bigred »

In a surprising turn of events the Chinese army with the help of British paratroops and B-29s retook Chengtu. If you have been following this AAR you know that ChengTu was conquered in 43. It also is the second Chinese reinforcing city behind Chungking. With the capture of Chengtu the Chinese received 200000 infantry on the next day of this 2 day turn.

Attachments
45-3-16.jpg
45-3-16.jpg (946.62 KiB) Viewed 92 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400

Return to “After Action Reports”