[FIXED B775.11] HANE EMP & Blast (1.10 RC)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

WBailey

[FIXED B775.11] HANE EMP & Blast (1.10 RC)

Post by WBailey »

From my very limited understanding, I think high altitude nuclear explosions should have EMP effects over hundreds or thousands of nautical miles. I've tested 1.10s high altitude option out and it seems very under-powered, with megaton+ weapons knocking out radars only within tens of miles of the aim point.

Also, I noticed that the high altitude explosions would usually still destroy things on the ground with blast even though they're exploding 100s of kilometers up in space. I'm guessing that probably shouldn't happen!

I made a scenario to test this (attached), just fire minuteman IIIs and titan IIs individually at the 20 or 100 nm target and watch what happens. Both will destroy things on the ground usually, but only the 9 megaton titan II will cause emp wave messages and light damage when fired at the 20nm target. Since the aim points usually get destroyed I made them respawn, this may be overkill but I hadn't used events before so why not!
Attachments
HANEEMPTest1.zip
(10.53 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Dysta

RE: HANE EMP & Blast (1.10 RC)

Post by Dysta »

Hmm... I think I found a reason.

The Titan II's HAD is 960.1km (518.36nm) above the sea surface, while Minuteman III is 807.7km (436.12nm). Both of their yieldings are too weak to generate a large sector of EMP wave from those altitudes.

EDIT: And I tried again with Satan Mod3, and it got 1005.8km (543.09nm) for HAD. And nope, 24mT detonated at 100nm target doesn't promise large sector of EMP either. <Project Management Hat On>I can pretty safe to say the HAD EMP feature is still in development, consider it's still in RC.<Project Management Hat Off>
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks for the heads up. The problem was that the RV was not detonating at the correct high altitude. Fixed now and the effects (both EMP and blast) work as designed.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Thanks for the heads up. The problem was that the RV was not detonating at the correct high altitude. Fixed now and the effects (both EMP and blast) work as designed.
LOL

Mind I ask what cause that? Are those RVs in HAD being miscounted as surface detonation before? I got the nearly same result when Titan and Minuteman hit at the 20nm target directly instead of HAD.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Game over, radars! The EMP surge is far too strong that literally electrocuted all the sensors in a single pop, as I've tested with RC2.

Fear the Titan!
WBailey

Post by WBailey »

Thanks for the fix! I noticed (what I think is new) that when you set a missile to high altitude it is labeled as "HIGHT ALT" instead of "HIGH ALT" (see attachment).
Obviously minor, but I thought I'd mention it.
Attachments
HightAlt.gif
HightAlt.gif (25.99 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks, fixed.

Return to “Tech Support”