Ingame map annotation tools

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Javolenus

Ingame map annotation tools

Post by Javolenus »

Would be cool if ingame map annotation tools existed -- basic text & markers, perhaps viewable in an overlay. The idea here is to allow players to annotate their games onscreen, as they happen, in order to facilitate quick & easy creation of AARs. For example, if a player annotated his game & saved a few screenshots, he could easily compose & share a readymade AAR online.
CapnDarwin

RE: Ingame map annotation tools

Post by CapnDarwin »

I think that was a very early wish list item. We have that in our plan if we can get everything else ahead of it done for Southern Storm. We'd like to be able to annotate as well. William made some "plot" style maps that folks use to plan on and getting an in-game setup would be great.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

That has been one of my top wish list items from day one. I would love this feature during game play.

Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
Javolenus

Post by Javolenus »

Thanks for this quick reply. That sounds encouraging -- I hope it happens. I think that top-quality thinking/planning games like this deserve a suite of annotation tools. Also, by making the creation of AARs easier, it will encourage more people to do it. this can only help with publicity & exposure for the game. I'd also add that adding some tools/features would also tap into the game's ability to produce emergent battlefield dramas.

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”