Problem seeing Airborne Operations...

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

topkat77

Problem seeing Airborne Operations...

Post by topkat77 »

Hi all! Sort of a noob here, but have been playing GG games (PacWar, WitP, etc.) since the early 90's so I do have a bit of experience... Anyway I have a question, and a problem I can't seem to solve, about how the screen reacts when you launch the air phase of your game turn. Right now I have only played the WA side against the computer, but have played various scenarios and they all do the same thing.

It seems that ONLY on my first turn do I see any screen movement (showing where the bombing, interdiction, recon) is taking place. On any subsequent turns the screen just stays put and doesn't show me where this action is taking place, as it does on the first turn. Is this normal, or do I have the wrong settings maybe? Any help or info would be appreciated, Thanks!
zakblood

RE: Problem seeing Airborne Operations...

Post by zakblood »

wrong settings.
go to the user preferences and set combat resolution message to 7 and air execution phase detail to HIGH. Then go to the air directive summary and ensure everything in the right column is set to ALL.

if too much info drop it down a bit 4/5/6 etc, then try and see if it's ok for you.

straight from a friend as it didn't work for me either until altered[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
topkat77

Post by topkat77 »

Thanks for the quick comeback Zakblood... Well I tried what you said (and have played with those settings before) and again they do work, but ONLY on the first time I start up the game, load a saved game, start a new scenario, etc...

After that it just seems to revert to not showing any air combat stuff on any of the following game turns... This includes the axis air turn too... The screen always seems to go to the Highest Air HQ and just sit there until the turn is over...

Any other suggestions?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

The problem could be that it is getting reset during AI turn. So player should restore them manually after AI turn until it is fixed.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
topkat77

Post by topkat77 »

Again, Thanks for a quick response...

Ok, I will try that, but basically then there IS a problem, bug?... And not something or some setting I have wrong?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Looks like a bug, which needs to be confirmed.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Shjne

Post by Shjne »

I have the same problem, after the first round in the following are no longer visible actions Airborne Operations.

Any help or info would be appreciated, Thanks!

Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

What version are you using?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Shjne

Post by Shjne »

Installed version 1.00.21
Exe files 1.01.12

I have tested it I saw that all the combat animations, are visible only in the first round, in the following are not seen. If you save the file and then reloading back to only be visible and only for one, both in Air Execute, which in turn AI.

I tried to change the settings in the preferences but without results.

Any suggestions?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

There has been no installer for 1.00.21. The latest installer is the 1.00.20 beta installer. The fact that you show your exe as 1.01.12 means you would not have the fix for this that first appeared in the 1.00.20 installer and exe. Did you mean to say you have 1.00.12 installed, or 1.00.20? In either case, you would need to have the 1.00.20 public beta in order to have this fixed (the AI was accidentally resetting some of the preferences, thus causing the bug you are seeing). You need to have 1.00.20beta installed and the exe should be 1.00.20 (or later if you are a tester). Please let us know if you still have questions about this. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”