Reloading a saved game in a Steam purchased version of the Game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

espinoza6415

Reloading a saved game in a Steam purchased version of the Game

Post by espinoza6415 »

I recently purchased the game through Steam and unfortunately, I have run into the same issues as some have in the past of having the "Save As" and "Save" taking me to the Documents folder and adding a Save file that cannot be accessed by the game. Unfortunately the fix mentioned in another thread about going to the Matrix Folder does not work as I have nothing showing the Command game in the Matrix folder to save the file in as I believe the game is held in Steam and I get access through them to play it. How do I go about getting to save the game either on my system or through Steam in order to reload a previously saved game other than the only working way right now of the autosave function of the last played game? Any and all help in getting me up to speed on this is greatly appreciated.
michaelm75au

RE: Reloading a saved game in a Steam purchased version of the Game

Post by michaelm75au »

Check where your Scenario folder is under Steam. That should be where the saves should be going. The first time you save should 'record' the location
Michael
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

The RC of v1.10 should resolve this issue, as it now always picks the \Scenarios folder as the starting path.
Gneckes

Post by Gneckes »

Getting this issue since the latest patch. Game directs me to the Documents folder initially.
The workaround for this is simple enough, but thought you guys should know.
Gneckes

Post by Gneckes »

Sorry, issue was down to me apparently managing to install the game twice, in two different locations, and saving in the wrong one. My bad.

Return to “Tech Support”