Army group A and B in 1941?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Confusedesh

Army group A and B in 1941?

Post by Confusedesh »

Playing latest beta patch, game crashed around turn 18 (mud time) no big deal loaded save then I noticed Army Group A and B had appeared I presume this is not correct and the save somehow got corrupted?
morvael

RE: Army group A and B in 1941?

Post by morvael »

Do you have a save from before that happened?
morvael

Post by morvael »

They can appear any time you control required cities.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Maybe the game crashed because of another bug. Tested AGS split to AGA and AGB on 1942 Campaign scenario and it worked well.
Confusedesh

Post by Confusedesh »

The change from AGS to AGA and AGB almost certainly did not cause the crash, I simply failed to notice the change had happened until their was a crash later in the turn.

And the crash I suspect had more to do with me clicking around madly then a bug but off course it was only when I reloaded a save and noticed the existence of AGA and AGB that I thought there was a connection.

I am guessing capturing Rostov triggered the change what are the other cities?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Yes, clicking on the interface when the game executes its turn may lead to crashes.

You need to capture the three small towns SW, SE and E of Rostov to have AGS split (or it should happen automatically in 3/43).
No idea

Post by No idea »

Yes, when I captured (in Nov. 1941) the towns Morvael posted I got AGS split in AG A and B. Not much of a deal, if you ask me, as AGS was already around its maximun number of CUs attached, as I had given 11th Army to AG Antonescu. The real problem comes with Armies. Many of them are overcrowded. Not by much, but many are above their limits.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I prefer to keep armies on their CP limit (24/24 for now, which means 3 corps of 4 divisions each), and keep extra divisions in corps assigned directly to O.K.H. It's easier to shuffle them around as reserve forces, and no formation is overloaded as a result. Of course those extra corps are missing the bonus of two levels of leaders, but in turn the line corps get full possible bonus, without penalties.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”