Winning with Germans ?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

nukkxx5058

Winning with Germans ?

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Did someone managed to win with the Germans ?
So far my 3 campaigns have been total debacles and terminated badly as early as August/September ... :-)
What about you guys ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
elmo3

RE: Winning with Germans ?

Post by elmo3 »

See some of the AAR's with Michael T as the Germans.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi, nukkxx

Hang in there [:D]

I have just finished a game as germans that I managed to keep going until the end (57th turn). Major defeat [8D]

I was able to conquer Leningrad, but in the end was hard pressed defending it and couldn't free up 4th PG to help AGC.

In the south I was very successful, capturing Kharkov, Kursk, Rostov and Stalingrad.

But in the center, complete disaster !. I was stalled just east of Smolensk, and then even with good winter preparation, when the blizzard and special the 58th soviet army (siberian regulars) hit me, I was completely routed. Both PG wiped out, 2nd Army surrounded and destroyed, total debacle. In the last turns I tried desperately to wheel 1st PG from the south to help, but it also got stalled...

The blizzard and the siberian units are a terror !!
Former AJE team member
c00per

Post by c00per »

Game is still new so my view is let the player base get experienced with the nuances and mechanics of the game. Attacking is generally tougher so before we light our hair on fire lets give the game some time. Now I will go back to lurking I do not want to lose my zero star Matrix Recruit achievement
ahauschild

Post by ahauschild »

I am trying the following tactic.

1st Northern Theater, I switch the 2 Regular Armys to Defense mode. Reasign the Panzer Army to Army Center. The 2 regular Armies now line up and build a defensive line over to the dotted, divider for the north to middle army. This for now provides a impregnable area that will tie up the north, freeing one extra panzer army for the center.

2nd Southern, the Romanians boarder also goes after a 2 turn attack to defense. Forming again a strong line that the russians at the start cannot hope to penetrate.
All xcept the panzer army is on defense posture.

3rd I use the regular army guys in the center to keep a slowly moving defensive line, protecting the supplies and mopping up encircled units. They are on sustained posture to give defense and attack possibility.
The panzer armies line up 3 hexes appart, and wait for the russians to stack against the border. Then they will both push east, and connect, encircling about 5 hexes of russian units. Each hex that that surrounds them has at least one panzer and one infantry, mobile or foot to prevent russians cutting the line.
I then move the regular army in two divisions per stack around the circle as they can in defensive posture withstand russian attack long enough for the panzer group to now destroy the units surrounded. This allows me to catch about 7 to 12 divisions, pretty much destroying more or less a army worth of guys.
I then pull back, and reset my defensive line, rest my panzer corps a bit and let them resupply.

So far this worked about 3 times perfectly, allowing me to destroy around 35 Russian divisions. My hope is hat the russians will eventually run out of divisions without me losing any.

Lets see how it goes.
<< Let wars be only in our mind and imagination, for nobody should face this horror areal >>

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”