Battle of Britain, idea about a fuel based strategy for Luftwaffe

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

quertice

Battle of Britain, idea about a fuel based strategy for Luftwaffe

Post by quertice »

Taken from talonsoft game version readme:
(7) British Fuel Consumption
One of the most important resources to Britain is its oil reserves. Oil arrives in Britain at its ports, and then is distributed to oil storage facilities and oil refineries. From there, it is distributed to its industrial complex and to its population. A portion of that oil goes to airfields where it is used to fuel the aircraft of the RAF. There is a "fuel" number assigned to each British airfield. The fuel number represents the fuel on hand at the airfield. One point of fuel is used for each sortie flown by a single engine aircraft from that airfield, and 2 points for each twin-engine sortie. If the airfield runs out of fuel, its aircraft can't fly, and fuel can be destroyed by bombing the airfield. Primary airfields can have up to 400 points; secondary airfields 200. Fuel quantities can also be affected by bombing fuel facilities, such as oil refineries, oil storage, ports, or the rail yards where the oil is carried across the country and distributed. It's important to keep in mind, then, that severe damage to these oil facilities can directly affect the RAF's ability to conduct its defense.

May be a good idea to focuses the strategy on attacking oil refineries, oil storages, ports, and rail yards near oil facilities to get fighter command without fuel?
warshipbuilder

RE: Battle of Britain, idea about a fuel based strategy for Luftwaffe

Post by warshipbuilder »

Interesting, didn't know that. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

I have read somewhere on the forum, that there is more information in the Talonsoft manual than there is in the Matrix one. Any other interesting tidbits you could share?
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
quertice

Post by quertice »

ORIGINAL: warshipbuilder

Interesting, didn't know that. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

I have read somewhere on the forum, that there is more information in the Talonsoft manual than there is in the Matrix one. Any other interesting tidbits you could share?

Ok, I'll try this strategy with 1941 campaign, there may be easier to have good results by mean of fighters with longer ranges to attack farther fuel related targets

I took that text from talonsoft readme, not talonsoft manual. In case you don't know it, here is the link www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/1972 ... 4523CE.txt ,it's really interesting, there are many info not being in manual (also talonsoft)

Here is a link to talonsoft manual https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMu7v ... sp=sharing
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

I took that text from talonsoft readme, not talonsoft manual. In case you don't know it, here is the link www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/1972 ... 4523CE.txt ,it's really interesting, there are many info not being in manual (also talonsoft)

Here is a link to talonsoft manual https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMu7v ... sp=sharing

Thanks for that!
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
quertice

Post by quertice »

ORIGINAL: qwetry

May be a good idea to focuses the strategy on attacking oil refineries, oil storages, ports, and rail yards near oil facilities to get fighter command without fuel?

I tried, it's not a good idea, too few English targets can be bombed in 1940 because of low range of Bf 109, only southern England can be attacked, not enough to get oil storage or refineries under critic level

I may try one day with 1941 scenario

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”