Leningrad/Moscow

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Speedysteve

Leningrad/Moscow

Post by Speedysteve »

Hi All,

After capturing Leningrad in one of my current games it got me thinking. All you get for capturing the likes of Leningrad or Moscow is an ecstatic Corporal which gives me 20+ relationship with the nut job.

I'm thinking the capture of either of these cities should have more of a dramatic effect than just a relationship boost and 5/8PP. I lobby for the capture of either of these to provide double the normal major city PP points and a guaranteed paranoia episode by Uncle Joe. After all they are very symbolic places which I think should be treated differently to other major cities.

Thoughts?
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
willgamer

RE: Leningrad/Moscow

Post by willgamer »

Since, in the game, the nut job of the West pretty much is a mirror image of the nut job of the East, anything that makes one very happy should have a corresponding depressing effect on the other. (This is similar to trying to balance this game between pbem'ers and solo [:D]).

So, as a solo player, I like both ideas. It would add even more flavor and immersion for me.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

Haven't done what you've suggested 'cause Stalin, at the point he loses an objective city, is going to have his back to the wall and can be expected to come out fighting. At a certain point paranoia gives way to pure survival instinct.

It's also a bit rough to kick the Soviet Player in the b*lls when he's on the ropes.

Cheers,
Cameron
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Not sure I agree on your reasoning Cameron and I certainly feel only a relationship bonus and the usual Major City PP bonus for the Axis is not enough of a 'reward' but I'll accept and move on [:)]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”