Need help with choosing the right game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

zasgard

Need help with choosing the right game

Post by zasgard »

Is there a game out there that is similar to Steel Panthers (graphics are just too dated for me)? A game where you can choose any nation from 1939-1945 and has a full OoB or editor allowing us to make random games?

Do any of the Tiller games have this?

I know Hearts of Iron 4 is coming out sometime this year and Steel Tigers is at least 2 years out.

Thanks
Rosseau

RE: Need help with choosing the right game

Post by Rosseau »

I am guessing the upcoming Matrix Tigers on the Hunt may be just up your alley.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Bruce, you should check out Battlefront's "Combat Mission" series. Not all nations are represented but the represented one's have very good Oob's and a full editor and a quick battle generator! [:)]
http://www.battlefront.com/

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

ORIGINAL: zasgard

Is there a game out there that is similar to Steel Panthers (graphics are just too dated for me)? A game where you can choose any nation from 1939-1945 and has a full OoB or editor allowing us to make random games?

I know Hearts of Iron 4 is coming out sometime this year and Steel Tigers is at least 2 years out.

Thanks

Check out John Tiller Campaign Series on here, its probably the closest to the old Steel Panthers game to be honest though this is also based on a old graphics engine and does not exactly look pretty by todays standards, but it is at least visually better than Steel Panthers.
Its got hundreds of units, scenarios, campaigns and random battle generator and is probably your best bet until we get a look at Tigers On The Hunt.

Another option if you want to got real old school back in the DOS days is check out Tigers On The Prowl & Panthers On The Hunt, dont think they are for sale anywhere now but a bit of clever searching with google may point you towards a download :)
zasgard

Post by zasgard »

ORIGINAL: M J R

Thanks

Check out John Tiller Campaign Series on here, its probably the closest to the old Steel Panthers game to be honest though this is also based on a old graphics engine and does not exactly look pretty by todays standards, but it is at least visually better than Steel Panthers.
Its got hundreds of units, scenarios, campaigns and random battle generator and is probably your best bet until we get a look at Tigers On The Hunt.

Another option if you want to got real old school back in the DOS days is check out Tigers On The Prowl & Panthers On The Hunt, dont think they are for sale anywhere now but a bit of clever searching with google may point you towards a download :)

It looks likle TitH only covers Western and Eastern Europe, which is fine, but I was hoping for a game than included, N. Africa and Pacific.

Now, if I could find a game that had those two theaters of war I'd be set
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Is there a game out there that is similar to Steel Panthers (graphics are just too dated for me)?
Steel Panthers: World at War
WinSPWW2 = Windows Steel Panthers: World War 2
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel and Battlegroup.

Return to “General Discussion”