[MASSIVE UPDATE v1.11] RTB Winchester Help

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BKL

[MASSIVE UPDATE v1.11] RTB Winchester Help

Post by BKL »

If I have the mission doctrine set to RTB Winchester then the unit will return to base. However, when does it determine to RTB? After low fuel or after it fires weapons? Or both? Also, my understanding is it will RTB after firing it's primary weapon...is this correct? So, if the unit has multiple weapons, will it not use most of them and only use it's primary weapon until it's out and then RTB?

Also, if you don't have RTB checked, then will the units continue until they run out of fuel and crash? Will the fire their secondary weapons in the mission then?

I guess, I'm looking to better understand exactly what happens when RTB is active and when RTB is not active.

Thanks!
BKL
HalfLifeExpert

RE: RTB Winchester Help

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Winchester is for weapons, Bingo is fuel.

Specifically with Winchester, it is when the primary weapons for it's mission have been expended.

For example, consider an F-18 with Harpoon Missiles and a pair of Aim-9 Sidewinder Air to Air Missiles on an Anti Ship strike mission.

After the F-18 fires off it's Harpoons, it goes RTB Winchester, as it's mission in terms of launching those weapons has been accomplished.

Bingo is just enough fuel to get back to it's base of origin, or a friendly place/ship where it can land.

Basically, unless you specifically tell it not to, the aircraft will RTB under those circumstances.
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

Be careful. Some planes with return 'winchester' whenever its standoff, long stand AAM are expended even though they still have short ranged IR equipped.

I'm not sure if deselecting 'maintain standoff' changes this or not. I've just gotten into the habit of turning of the 'return when winchester' completely as half of the time the route taken back is poor and runs right through another enemy squadron or SAM site.

lb
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Bingo/Winchester logics have been given a massive workover in v1.11.

Each aircraft loadout will now have its own Winchester/Shotgun setting and these can be overridden by the player as a Doctrine setting. Are more than 20 different Winchester/Shotgun settings to choose from.

Have also added user-configurable Joker/Bingo settings, allowing the player to have aircraft RTB before Bingo is reached.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Bingo/Winchester logics have been given a massive workover in v1.11.

Each aircraft loadout will now have its own Winchester/Shotgun setting and these can be overridden by the player as a Doctrine setting. Are more than 20 different Winchester/Shotgun settings to choose from.

Have also added user-configurable Joker/Bingo settings, allowing the player to have aircraft RTB before Bingo is reached.
Sounds good! [8D]
Dide

Post by Dide »

Great!!! [:D]
skjold89

Post by skjold89 »

Sounds great!
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

Are we able to change their flight path when they are RTB, to avoid flying back over their targets that may not be destroyed or suppressed totally? I have lost more than a few good planes that played Gump on me when they were RTB and ran back over the ships they were bombing, nice and slow, as well as high enough to get shot at by the now revenging gunners below.....[:D]

Thanks again for offering even more options, just keeps getting better all the time.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yes [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Yes [8D]
You sir, are the man....thanks for the fix, now just release it already! [:D]
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Even RTB need some styles too. [8D]
magi

Post by magi »

This is a very good and useful upgrade..... Can't wait to get home and do the update…

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”