Forts and such

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

ernieschwitz

Forts and such

Post by ernieschwitz »

While working with the editor i discovered that there really is no info for modders to determine if a place in history was a fortress, a fortification or a light fortification. I looked at the numbers for those Locations via the editor, and found the stats, the main difference seems to be the amount of structural points.

Fortress: 3000 Structual points
Fortification: 2000 Structural points
Light Fortification: 1000 Structural points.

This tells me something about how easy they are to destroy, but still there is no way to reference these numbers unless you have a very intimate knowledge of units structural damage capacity.

So my simple question is: Can anyone give a real-life example of each type of defensive position?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Vic

RE: Forts and such

Post by Vic »

What the different kind of fortifications do is add extra base and max entrenchment points to the landscapeType they are placed upon.

Fortress: auto-entrench: +80, max-entr: +140
Foritification: auto-entrench: +60, max entr: +100
Light Fortification: auto-entrench: +30, max entr: +60

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
aspqrz02

RE: Forts and such

Post by aspqrz02 »

I'm somewhat guessing, but the Maginot Line fortresses would be Fortresses, as would the major (new) Belgian fortresses like Eben Emael.

Westwall (Siefgried Line) would be, in parts, fortification and, in other parts, light fortifications ... the Czech border defences would be similar, but fewer fortifications and more light fortifications.

The Atlantic wall would have some fortification hexes, but more light fortification and a lot of hexes merely with entrenched units at start.

Corregidor is probably a Fortress, or, at least a fortification ... Fort Drum would definitely be a Fortress.

Sevastopol, part Fortress, part fortification ... outer ring of light fortification.

Note how many of these fell quite quickly (in relative terms).

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”