Will there be any options for East Front Only?

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

DonCzirr

Will there be any options for East Front Only?

Post by DonCzirr »

Like SC2 AOC ....

Or will that be a separate module / game ?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Hubert Cater

RE: Will there be any options for East Front Only?

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi DonCzirr,

We'd love to do an East Front version of SC3 as well but it is still too early to say if and when that might happen. Just still focused on getting SC3 out first and foremost and going from there [:)]

Hubert
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

It might be fun to be able to hand one allied side to the computer and just play the other, like Clash of Steel let you do. So you could just play the Soviets while the computer played the Western Allies and Axis, or just the Western Allies while the computer played the Soviets and Axis.
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Clash of Steel, oh, sweet memories.

SC 1 was not more but a good Clash Copy, only several years later released (and provided tons of fun, don't understand me wrong).

What i never understood (and will never understand) was the lack of Clash-Features with the SC series:

- no mulberry harbors
- no option to to change the sides (within a single player game)
- no option to play only one part of an alliance (like only the russians while playing the allies).

I really hope that Hubert & Co. will offer these features (of a 1990 title, don't let us forget it) within in SC 3).

SC 2 had several great feature of its own, and provided lots of fun to me.
The series reached its peak with SC The Great War 1914-1918 - Breakthrough, at least in my eyes.

I can't await to see SC 3, created by those guys who made SC 2 into such a great game.

I don't have many wishes, except for those Clash features (as mentioned above) and WAY faster AI turns.
:)
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi DonCzirr,

We'd love to do an East Front version of SC3 as well but it is still too early to say if and when that might happen. Just still focused on getting SC3 out first and foremost and going from there [:)]

Hubert

No problem Hubert - I was not sure if there would be Eastern Front only scenarios to start with or if there would be a separate product like SC2 AOC. That game was worth an individual purchase.

In the meantime, glad to see you are so focused on the main product.

I think you guys have what it takes to make "The" WW 2 strategic game in Europe - surpassing Time of Fury, Hearts of Iron, Commander - Europe at War, World in Flames and SC2 .... no pressure of course [:D]

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Most games would have Scenarios and a Campaign. The above answer implies no Scenarios.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Right - that was not something I really liked with SC2.

Limited scope scenarios for Poland, Norway, France etc are fun along with grand campaigns.

They did not have this with SC 2 but they then came out with AOC and AOD.

I've not played AOD but AOC is great IMO and worth a purchase.

With the new game, a core system that could later plug in scenario modules / DLC would be nice but I think the marketing model

may be for individual games.

Let's see what happens ...

Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Is SC3 just going to be SC2 with a new engine or is it going to be more like AoD ?
Ason

Post by Ason »

I really hope there will be different scenarios like in Time of Fury, there is scenarios that starts with Invasion of Poland, invasion of France and start of barbarossa, and also one that starts in 1942 and one in 1944, these really make the game replayable as you might not want to start over from exactly the same starting positions after you finished a long game. Only thing I'm missing in ToF is a scenario that starts when germans have reached Stalingrad:D
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Yep - I would definitely be interested in a follow up release that featured campaign / country / time range specific focus.

Although it's great to have the "monster campaign" and I agree that should be the team's primary focus atm (seems like a daunting task) - I think that Hubert and Slitherine would find a very receptive customer base for a product with smaller scenarios.

For instances where users do not desire a huge play commitment but would just like to just conquer Norway or Yugoslavia for example in a single night session, an alternate to the original product would be nice.

If it were in the form of a full price release that had a good number of smaller scenarios, I think that would be fair.

Food for thought ... after the main release ....

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”