[Deleted]

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

jamus34

RE: What would be your War Game fantasy?

Post by jamus34 »

A MechCommander remake using the CM engine?

Yeah, I can get on that.

I personally would like to see a HOI / Vicky type game (more indepth combat / army building than CK2 or EU4) but taking place in the near future...but not space based.

Maybe a grand strategy based on the time period / tech period of Battlefield 2142, or Titanfall?

Paratroopers...pshfaw, orbital drops. Mechs. Aircarriers.

Actually also would be cool in my mind would be a wargame based on Edge of Tomorrow...say what you will about Tom Cruise but I thought the tech developed in that movie was done very well and based on plausible future techs.

Sorry if I got to rambling.

Another dream for me would be a way to seamlessly tie the various time periods of the Paradox games into almost a CIV game. IE you would start in CK2 building up you family / tribe / clan...transition into a nation state for EU4 (which they do now too) then things slow down a little to a Vicky type Industrial revolution era of discovery finally to HOI where it's a slow burn to world war.

Majorly ambitious and it would still have to be broken up into segments...but it is a dream...
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
2. A quality War In The Mediterranean 1940-43 game. Focusing on individual ships (the player is in charge of convoys to/from Malta, North Africa, Greece etc) and regiment/brigade sized army units.

+1. It's surprising nobody has properly modeled the interaction between land, sea, and air in this theater. (Yes, there's a WitP scenario, but it has no AI.)

OooooH!!! That 's my fantasy too!!! [X(]

+1
JRR
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

Road to Moscow.

+1 here.

For tactical, a game like Combat Mission but with modern graphics and a "Steel Panther-like" editor...

Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Even Star Trek Birth of Federation is very popular too, remake would be great.

You could try "Birth of the Empires". It's good, but let down a bit by limitations of Android UI.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... te.android
JEB Davis

Post by JEB Davis »

ORIGINAL: waltero

A world War board game that has a top commander, and his subordinates fight the battles for him.

Having Multiple players on one team (side). Commander and Chief lays out the plan and regulates the economy, military forces, Battle lines etc. While His subordinates (army officers) engage the enemy on the field...going one step further, entering into Squad level fighting.
Of course the Commander can take position on the battlefield too.
Simulation, Strategic, Tactical all in one.

This.

And it uses the Steel Panthers: World At War engine for the tactical portion.
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
Peever

Post by Peever »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

The John Tiller ACW campaign games all combined into a single, huge, regimental level game with the appropriate mechanics for unit production and reinforcement and a fairly complex supply system. Leadership rules to allow promotion/demotion of all division level and higher commanders. Ability to reorganize armies, corps, and divisions.

Naval rules for blockade, bombardment, and invasions.

My favorite games taken to the ultimate extreme!

Yeah I would love to see the Tiller games go full on absurd too. The 1300+ turn Campaign Overland scenario is about as close as we will ever see to what your thinking. While doing the entire war at that scale would be extreme I would settle for at least some more operational or theater based games at that scale. Give me a huge map of the Mid Atlantic between March and November of 1862 and or 1863 would be perfect.

I would love to see the Panzer Campaign games go the the extreme as well. Combine War in the West with the Panzer Campaign scale.
"Sergeant the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me," Bucky O'Neil seconds before receiving a fatal shot to the head at the battle of San Juan Hill.
fmonster

Post by fmonster »

My fantasy war games seem to be coming true,... hopefully!

First,... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/we ... h?ref=card

and then this as stated from Eric Rutins - "Steel Tigers is what you have all been waiting for...." I know that I am!
Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

My wet dream, a Close Action computer game with pbem++

waltero

Post by waltero »

Masters Of Orion, Orion Pirates (blockades, space battles), Galactic Revolutions (Non-military control), Futuristic Military war game (ground combat), all in one.

Or any space game that uses Orion Pirates ( Real-time tactics, Space flight simulator game), for space battles.
"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?
shaddock

Post by shaddock »

I'd pay good money for a global version of Third World War (with good politics) from GDW.
save the carrots; eat a vegan!
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

WitP AE, but instead of text only battle results, we'd see something like this for every battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY9IGWgkITc

Jim
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Mobeer
ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Even Star Trek Birth of Federation is very popular too, remake would be great.

You could try "Birth of the Empires". It's good, but let down a bit by limitations of Android UI.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... te.android

Cool, never noticed this one was even out. Thanks for the infos.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Squad Leader made correctly.

First release, then modules of all the other nations no more complicated than the first release. Oodles of scenarios, using the not over blown new rules. Oodles of maps, and just new terrain choices and no over blown new rules.

Nah that's not my real fantasy. My real fantasy is I finally meet a real man on a date (not the rejects I seem to find) and he's a total war gamer and when he finds out I'm also a total war gamer (when not making models) in addition to all the things you want in a wife he runs off to find an engagement ring before someone else steals me. And I live happily ever after (because I can make him take out the garbage or refuse to finish my turn until he does :) ).
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

My real fantasy is I finally meet a real man on a date (not the rejects I seem to find)...

You must be awfully hard to please...[8|]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: wings7

My real fantasy is I finally meet a real man on a date (not the rejects I seem to find)...

You must be awfully hard to please...[8|]

On the other hand remember that her choice pool is a bunch of wargaming nerdy dorks!
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
On the other hand remember that her choice pool is a bunch of wargaming nerdy dorks!

A group to which she claims to be a proud member herself. I would think her man troubles have more to do with the old saying, "a woman over 40 is more likely to be struck by lightening than to get married."

Men that age are no longer controlled by an insatiable sex drive that drives them to do dumb things without much forethought and tend to view women who want a long term relationship with a critical "what's in it for me" eye.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but most people have settled in to comfortable existences by 40 and big changes are usually not on their life agenda's any longer.

Jim
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

"Men that age are no longer controlled by an insatiable sex drive"

Actually.... it's been my experience, men up to 65 want sex on the first date. All of ya. The only reason I can't comment on over 65, is I've never dated or talked to anyone older than 65.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer
Actually.... it's been my experience, men up to 65 want sex on the first date. All of ya. The only reason I can't comment on over 65, is I've never dated or talked to anyone older than 65.

Well then, that should be your next strategy (over 65)...a no-brainer. [8|]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Definitely count the new Battletech game as a dream come true. Finally a proper game for the series from the best people possible.

Now my dream is that the series is a success and leads to many more titles. Hopefully some at a larger scale, since the first title will only let you send one lance into the field at a time.

The first game will have you playing as a mercenary commander in the 3025 period going through a story-driven but semi-dynamic campaign. My next tier dream game would of course be a title where you pick from multiple Inner Sphere/Clan factions and play a dynamic campaign set during the Clan invasion. Where your successes further the war effort, ending up with you either going on the mission to wipe out Clan Smoke Jaguar, or invading Terra and fighting Com Star.

Return to “General Discussion”