Announcement: Rhineland '45

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Buck_Compton

Announcement: Rhineland '45

Post by Buck_Compton »

Hello,

We have been working on a full mod for LSA for a number of years now. It is called Rhineland '45 and comprises of the operations Veritable, Blockbuster and Grenade. Veritable may also be know as the battle of the Reichswald. I'm happy to announce that we are close to a beta version of this mod.

What is it about? This project entails tree major operations which took place between February and march 1945; Veritable, Blockbuster and Grenade. The goal of these 3 operations was to remove all enemy resistance between the rivers Maas, Rhine and Rur. The goal was for Veritable and Grenade to start on the same day and sweep across the rolling hills of the Rhineland. But because of the blown up dams in the Hurtgenwald the Grenade operation had to be postponed for about 2 weeks. Enabling the Germans to shift forces from the Rur up north to the Reichswald were the Canadians and British attempted to break trough. The fighting was bitter and harsh because of the stiff defense by the Germans and the bad terrain and weather. After the Rur had reached its maximum height the Americans dashed across it catching the Germans by surprise. This resulted in long drives across the Rhineland ending up for the allies in seeing all Rhine bridges being blown up.

You will be fighting with the feared US tank division, the experienced Canadian infantry divisions and even the Guards armored will be there. You will find yourselves fighting Fallschirmjager, Panzerlehr and Volksgrenadiere which will do everything they can to prevent you reaching those bridges! This mod features 64 all new maps and a clomplete interface re-design. We hope to be able to release the beta in February.

Cheers Buck and Pete
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
slpatgun

RE: Announcement: Rhineland '45

Post by slpatgun »

Sounds good. I don't think anyone has done anything from the "ETO" in this time frame.[:)]
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Awesome news!!! Looking forward to the changes your making and seeing if I can capture a bridge intact or as the Germans being able to hold a bridge for future counter attack....

For potential buyers of WAR/TLD and LSA the mods being made add variety and many hours game play be sure to check them out;

WAR/TLD:
tt.asp?forumid=626
tt.asp?forumid=677
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

I would like to mention that the Rhineland '45 mod will be the first completely new full mod for LSA [afaik] . I can assure you that it looks and plays completely different than stock LSA.
CC hobbyist, creator of mods.
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

We have posted previews of all 64 maps on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/ . You will also find a download link to the beta files. They come as separate files that require a manual install because we do not yet have an installer ready.
So, if you are ready to play something new make sure to check it out.
CC hobbyist, creator of mods.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”