'raw' consumption

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

gwgardner

'raw' consumption

Post by gwgardner »

In my current game I'm seeing something I've never seen before - raw consumption with no production.

I have three factories, but I have set all production there to none. I'm only building 4 trains and a truck each turn - those use raw, but I'm using 300+ raw each turn. I'm not referring to building railroads. At the top of the screen, I show 500+ raw income, -300+ raw usage. All other production is infantry, supply, PPs.

What else could be using my raw?

Tac2i

RE: 'raw' consumption

Post by Tac2i »

Seen me a save game so I can look at it: {deleted}.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I will do so, my next turn.

cpdeyoung has pointed out part of the problem - I have units in the .lft category, that are not being delivered to my HQs.

I seem to have plenty of trains and trucks, so don't understand why I have units not being delivered. Like 35 mortars in one city, not being delivered to the supreme HQ.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I mentioned in a note to Gary that I believe these mortars have not been produced yet. They are "production orders" waiting on Raw for completion and shipment. There are not a lot of mortars sitting in a warehouse, rather paperwork on a clipboard. The foreman wants to build mortars but he does not have the Raw for the mortars, so he sits and waits for it.

I think you have to zap the mortar slot and send a smaller order.

Chuck
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Lets say you produce 300 raw but only have 100 in inventory, if your production of units that take raw is over 100 some will not be built it seems. basically your inventory builds the units and THEN you get your raw production from mines.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Another possibility is they have been built but the HQ is more than 250AP away so can't be delivered or the city itself has not been assigned to an HQ. Either condition causes stuff to pile up.

Update: gwgardner indicated in another thread that he found the problem. He was exhausting his RAW supply by building lots of rail lines and thus not leaving enough to build his tanks and planes, etc. I assume he was playing a random game with the 'no roads' option checked thus requiring lots of railroad building.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”