Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
downtown

Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program

Post by downtown »

I just bought CC-The Longest Day and installed it on Windows 10. The program starts up with the initial Matrix Games screen, but once that finishes the Main Menu is purple colored, off to the left, and I am not able to click on any of the buttons to start a game, Multiplayer etc. I have tried Windows 7 and Windows Vista compatibility modes with no success. Please advise.

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.
downtown

RE: Program shows discolored screen at startu-cannot start program

Post by downtown »

I was able to click on the Options button. Once in Options, I chose a display setting and windowed mode. Now the game starts but in windowed mode. I moved through a few screens and the game seems to be working now. It is not showing in full screen but it is operational. I guess that will have to do.

CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Check your game display settings (In Game: Options - General Tab) and match it to your computers' display setting. That should change your view to full screen.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

When playing in windowed mode in addition to having your game and screen resolution match you will also need to set the Windows taskbar along the bottom of the screen to auto-hide if it doesn't already.

Windows 10 - point the mouse at the taskbar and click the right mouse button, point at properties and click the left mouse button point at the box beside Auto-hide the taskbar and click the left mouse button
downtown

Post by downtown »

Thanks to you both! My resolution is 1920 by 1080 and now that I have set the resolution to that setting the game is opening in full screen. I already had auto hide set so I am good to go. What a difference between playing in a box half the size of my 24 inch monitor and full screen![&o][:D]

vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

you will like it

Return to “Tech Support”