New Troubleshooting Installer - Please Read

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

BloodyBill76

RE: New Troubleshooting Installer - Please Read

Post by BloodyBill76 »

ORIGINAL: lordlau1

Same issue here...error code 200...I am also running Windows 7. I also note that there is no Empire in Arms install file at the members club main page..please help.

Products Registered Downloads
Empires in Arms 12 FEB 2012 No Downloads Available

This is the exact problem I am having right now. I am running windows 10 instead of 7 though.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

have you also tried the "troubleshooting installer" in the Registered Downloads for EIA mentioned above?
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
BloodyBill76

Post by BloodyBill76 »

Registered games downloads gives me the option to use installer update v1200beta I used this one after the original stalled and that's when I got the error code 200
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(64.93 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
RFC

Post by RFC »

Just purchased this title and having issues with the installer hanging. My game is registered, but I can't find the "troubleshooting installer"? Any help is much appreciated. Have followed the OP instructions.
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: Buck Turgidson
Just purchased this title and having issues with the installer hanging. My game is registered, but I can't find the "troubleshooting installer"? Any help is much appreciated. Have followed the OP instructions.

Is this with the original v1.00 install or one of the patches?

If you hang on for just a bit longer, the v1.21.03 public beta should be up soon. I've successfully tested a clean install of v1.00 and then a comprehensive update direct to v1.21.03, so folks should soon be able to do that and enjoy the new update.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thanks for responding. It's the v1.00 install. The installation doesn't get very far when it starts to hang. Do you require v1.00 to be installed before installing the beta files?
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Yes, you definitely need the initial install and serial number to update. I'd recommend two things? 1, redownload the game installer from Matrix. 2, completely uninstall the old game, reboot, and reinstall. If that doesn't work then you need Matrix tech support.
Bill Macon
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thank you for your help, pzgndr.

Joe[&o] at tech support helped me out and all is working fine. Had to do the install in safe mode.

Do you have to install the BETA update v1.20.04 before applying the upcoming v1.21.03 ?

Thanks again!
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Excellent. The v1.21.03 installer I tested a couple days ago worked fine as a comprehensive update from v1.00 so folks don't have to install any intermediate patches. There was a minor issue with documentation and I'm not sure if the Matrix team will update the beta installer now or wait for the official release installer later. But we are close!
Bill Macon
RFC

Post by RFC »

Awesome! I shall wait patiently for v1.21.03 then [:)]

Thanks again.
Asberdies

Post by Asberdies »

Hello,
i just bought the game and the installer hang on. There is no members except member list i can click on for the alternatae installer. SO i cant find it. I am using win10.
Tired the installation a few times, redownloaded installer, stoppped my AV, put it in WIN XP SP3 compatibility and admin rights, but all this did nothing.
can you help?
thanks
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

here's my guide on how to install and run, works on windows 10 right out of the box

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488638
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

here's my tips on what can be altered on windows 10 pc's to make games work better, as most of what's needed to run is included with windows 10, but not enabled by default and other things included aren't needed and can stop some games from running at all, so offer my advice to anyone who has issue, as so far 99% of all games here run with no issues whatsoever, with just a few needing some tweaks and only one so far not working at all, which wasn't a surprise as it doesn't work with older versions of windows either

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024
Asberdies

Post by Asberdies »

Hello thanks for help but it didnt worked. I read someone managed to intall the game in safe mode and it worked for me too. During install i had error 200 and another error decompresing a police file, but after cancelling i could launch game but i had an error saying serial number was not found. So i think the installer cannot write the seial during installation.
waynenh57

Post by waynenh57 »

Trying to download the 1.05 installer file from the MY Page area and I click on it and the screen goes white then returns to My Page and doesn't download.
Trying to reinstall to test out the new beta.
Thank you.

Wayne Heermans

Return to “Tech Support”