sorting your employees...

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

Rongor

sorting your employees...

Post by Rongor »

If the number of hired people goes up, you lose general view of all the different experts rather quickly. The UI offers me to sort them for their different skills but that actually doesn't help you anything if you plan to develop a strategy of how much people you wanna focus on which one or two of certain skills.
There is no way of telling at a glance, if you have achieved your goal of 4 skilled rocket experts, so that you now have to train the rest for other skills. The sorting function only watches for the best percentages in a single profession but of course totally disregards other skills in which the filtered experts might get used even so much better. So you always end up training too many or too few people for something you want to push, as you accidently will train the wrong guys on the wrong thing.
This could easily be prevented if the player could actually tag employees with designations like "space probes", "EVA" or "Propulsion" and then let the sorting function respond to these tags.
Right now the sorting function may help only for assembling one single task, disregarding all other needs. In my view, this is absolutely useless. Let the player assess the various skills of the hired guy and then tag him, to determine which skill you want to promote with him.
Not only would this help a lot, it would even feel somewhat realistic. The present system isn't.

I bought the game in the recent holiday sale on steam and did have some fun with it. If I simply missed to stumble over the feature I am desiring here, please point me onto it.

Thanks!
Nacho84

RE: sorting your employees...

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Rongor,

Apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your feedback. For the moment I'm not planning to rewrite that section of the UI. That being said, I'm still sometimes working on SPM's game code in order to introduce minor improvements, so I may implement this feature in the future.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
Rongor

RE: sorting your employees...

Post by Rongor »

Hello there,
I understand I should not put too much hope in this issue then but still say thank you for considering improving it.
Right now, I would have to note employees down on paper next to my keyboard to have them sorted in an extra list, to be able to really proceed with a serious strategy. Right now you are losing general view just too quickly. I am sad to say that is the reason why I don't feel any motivated to play it anymore, after 7 hours. Feels too random to stick to a certain strategy.

What about other players around here? How do you cope with that matter?

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”