Error while installing a 2nd install

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rroberson

Error while installing a 2nd install

Post by rroberson »

Image[/img]

This is the error I am getting...any ideas?

I created a folder under the main matrix folder called BTSlite...it installs for a bit then this pops up.

thanks.
cohimbra

RE: Error while installing a 2nd install

Post by cohimbra »

It's the same thing here: tm.asp?m=3998155

Just turn off your antivirus during installation.

Be quiet: when you encounter this error you must close the .exe application with Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Canc), clicking ok on the pop-up error windows don't stop the .exe execution (it continue to run in background). If you don't close it you are not able to run the installation .exe again...until you restart your pc, of course.
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

cool I will give that a shot thanks!
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

You do know that a second install doesn't actually have to be 'insstalled'?

Every time I want a second install for a new mod I create a new folder named WITPAE-FP, as an example for a new folder for the Focus Pacific mod.
Then I copy the entire contents and subfolders of my first install into the new folder. so the first subfolder of WITPAE-FP has the same name as the folder of my first install.
After that all I have to do is copy in all of the mod files to the correct folders and create a new desktop shortcut to the executable.

Viola! Second install for a mod without having to 'install' the program.
Hans

kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Every time I want a second install for a new mod I create a new folder named WITPAE-FP, as an example for a new folder for the Focus Pacific mod.
Then I copy the entire contents and subfolders of my first install into the new folder. so the first subfolder of WITPAE-FP has the same name as the folder of my first install.
After that all I have to do is copy in all of the mod files to the correct folders and create a new desktop shortcut to the executable.

Viola! Second install for a mod without having to 'install' the program.

I had several installs previously,Oh the drama when patching[X(]
Now I have just DBB C and play no other until the PBEM game in progress ends. You cannot imagine how much it simplifies my life[8|]
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

Return to “Tech Support”