loaded map mod help

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
Zap

loaded map mod help

Post by Zap »

Okay I loaded the maps files and counters mod but the maps are green,nothinglike the posted maps. I unzipped them in the appropriate files. as instructed
Rasputitsa

RE: loaded map mod help

Post by Rasputitsa »

The stock maps are green, so wherever the modded files have gone, it does not seem to be the right place.

You need the DanubeMap, DanubeMud and DanubeStrategic from the mod zip file into your game graphics/maps folder, these will overwrite the original files, which you may want to back-up and save somewhere first.

You have not mentioned the counters, but the modded files go into graphics/counters folder, same process, overwrite etc..

You will see map files in the main 'graphics' folder, but these are not the files you are changing.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Zap

Post by Zap »

Okay I went into the files for each. And for some reason it did not overwrite added sub folder into vanilla game tree. under each counters,map,banners,sound. Should I delete the vanilla files and then load the mod? Or is the initial download process is where I am not understanding? Funny, when I unzipped them it asked if I wanted replace the files I said yes.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Okay I went into the files for each. And for some reason it did not overwrite added sub folder into vanilla game tree. under each counters,map,banners,sound. Should I delete the vanilla files and then load the mod? Or is the initial download process is where I am not understanding? Funny, when I unzipped them it asked if I wanted replace the files I said yes.

The zip is not a installable mod, it is a collection of files to manually change some of the contents of the game folders. The mod 'counters' folder does not replace the game 'counters' folder, the mod folder only contains replacements for some of the game files.

To make sure the new files go where they need to be, my method is to un-zip the mod 'graphics' folder to the desktop, open the individual mod folders and copy the contents of each, into the relevant game folders (contents of mod 'counters' folder, copy into game 'counters' folder), they will overwrite some image files, but leave others intact.

The mod is a collection of some new files, rather than a straight replacement for the game folder.

Repeat for each game folder, take the contents out of the respective mod folders and copy them into the relevant game folder.

The 'Maps' and 'Banners' are a complete replacement for what is in the game 'Maps and 'Banners' folders, but if you drop the 3 new maps into the game 'Maps' folder and see them overwrite 3 original maps you know it's right. Same with the banners.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Zap

Post by Zap »

thank you for your time. I believe I did unzip the files individually. I will fuddle through and repeat my actions more carefully. my knowledge of this stuff reminds my of someone learning to ski
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

When you said that it added counters, maps, banners, sound sub folders I wasn't sure what that meant, as the vanilla game does have these named sub folders and the mod provides some alternative files to drop into those existing folders.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

thank you for your time. I believe I did unzip the files individually. I will fuddle through and repeat my actions more carefully. my knowledge of this stuff reminds my of someone learning to ski

Learning to ski is child's play compared to getting into the guts of a computer. [:)]

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”