Can't repair rail

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Bob12

Can't repair rail

Post by Bob12 »

My rail repair unit (highlighted in yellow) cannot repair the hex it is sitting on (it has full move). I don't know why this as as to me it seems the rail has a continuous connection all the way back to the border
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (416.77 KiB) Viewed 162 times
No idea

RE: Can't repair rail

Post by No idea »

Hello Bob, when the green circles are dotted that means the rail has been interrupted by some reason (and, when the line is interrupted, you cant keep on repairing it as it doesnt count as continuous connection all the way back to the border). It might be a enemy units ZOC. The problems starts in the first dotted circle. Have in my that perhaps now there is no problem, but there was one in the last turn and thats why I think the rail was interrupted. Never let enemy units ZOC your rails.

PS. By the way, even if your units occupy the rail continuos to an enemy unit, the rail will be considered as ZOCed
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

Your rail line is probably in enemy ZOC. You need to protect your rail lines from enemy raids. Cavalry are a particular threat and can move surprisingly quickly even through the marshes.
Most experienced players don't convert the rail lines either side of the Pripit marshes partly because of this threat.
Bob12

Post by Bob12 »

Haha yeah that was it, nkvd regiment making a nuisance of itself.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”