Why Locked HQ Suppport ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Farfarer61

Why Locked HQ Suppport ?

Post by Farfarer61 »

I have played both sides without, sucking up SUs to STAVKA/OKH, then eventually redistributing them possibly better, for some of the unique stuff. I can't see playing a whole game where all the Sus are locked into their starting HQ (unless it is destroyed). Why is it a big deal ? I have redistribution strategies for STAVKA and OKH which I assess are balanced for both sides. Drawing Soviet SU out of harms way in early terms, but quickly sucking all the RR and siege units upwards for Axis seems balanced.
Any insights?
No idea

RE: Why Locked HQ Suppport ?

Post by No idea »

Locked hqs is the only way to have the exact SUs you want in a given hq. First you have to assign them, but, after that, locking the hq is the only way to make them stay there forever.
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

I get that, but why do so many house rules insist that HQs are locked at the beginning and stay locked ?
No idea

Post by No idea »

I am not aware that anybody insists that Locked HQs should stay locked

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”