Hunting Hitler?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

decaro

RE: Hunting Hitler?

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus
ORIGINAL: Joe D.
They may not have found Hitler, which was no surprise, but they did find a "rat line" for Nazis escaping Germany. The route stretched from Spain to a clandestine sub supply depot on the Canary Islands.
It all ended in Argentine locals with remote residences resembling safe houses, some of which contained Reich currency, pictures and other Nazi paraphernalia.

I have not seen it, but this is exactly what I thought they would be doing (when you opened this thread). They would amass all the known information (old and perhaps new) about the nazis that managed to escape (South America or Middle East) -the ratlines- and then consider all the scenarios with Herr Hitler as the glamourous escapee.

But right from the beginning, it was obvious this would be mere misleading advertising...

"bait and switch"?

It's hard to resist an alliterative title like "Hunting Hitler". The show also used an old legal ploy of introducing doubt about the time and place of Herr Hitler's demise, which would only have to be successful in a court of law on only one member of the jury for an acquittal.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

They may not have found Hitler, which was no surprise, but they did find a "rat line" for Nazis escaping Germany.

I'm not the expert but I doubt that any of that was new info, except maybe to the rookies that were running the investigation. I mean, I would bet anyone with experience in the history of these stories saw nothing new in this tv show.
The route stretched from Spain to a clandestine sub supply depot on the Canary Islands.

It may have been a sub base, but it has never been proven, and they provided no proof in the show other than something does exist there, and they are not the first ones to find it. Like some of the other shows they run, just because there is a noise in the woods at night does not prove that there is a bigfoot.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
They may not have found Hitler, which was no surprise, but they did find a "rat line" for Nazis escaping Germany.

I'm not the expert but I doubt that any of that was new info, except maybe to the rookies that were running the investigation. I mean, I would bet anyone with experience in the history of these stories saw nothing new in this tv show.
The route stretched from Spain to a clandestine sub supply depot on the Canary Islands.

It may have been a sub base, but it has never been proven, and they provided no proof in the show other than something does exist there, and they are not the first ones to find it. Like some of the other shows they run, just because there is a noise in the woods at night does not prove that there is a bigfoot.

Unlike bigfoot, Hitler and his henchmen were historical; for me, seeing the team recover Nazi coins and photos inside safe houses in the middle of nowhere helped flesh-out the rat line from Germany to Argentina in a way no documentary could.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Unlike bigfoot, Hitler and his henchmen were historical; for me, seeing the team recover Nazi coins and photos inside safe houses in the middle of nowhere helped flesh-out the rat line from Germany to Argentina in a way no documentary could.

I get what you are saying, but I'm usually a bit more skeptical about these things. In my mind, finding an item doesn't prove anything about how it got there or when. Plenty of people have German coins and photos in their possession all over the world. Probably more so in areas that had larger German populations, as did South America.
decaro

Post by decaro »

I get what you are saying, but I'm usually a bit more skeptical about these things. In my mind, finding an item doesn't prove anything about how it got there or when. Plenty of people have German coins and photos in their possession all over the world. Probably more so in areas that had larger German populations....

... which is where a Nazi on the run could go to hide in plain sight. And where Orson Welles' "Franz Kindler" should have gone instead of hiding in Harper, Connecticut ("The Stranger").
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Just sayin'...

decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Rebel Yell

Just sayin'...

Say what?
WingedIncubus

Post by WingedIncubus »

To me it's all humbug to sell air time on pseudohistory: Hitler committed suicide on April 30th, 1945. We know, because there have been reliable witnesses, verified and authentic documents, and forensic evidence. On the other side of the balance no credible evidence of a Adolf Hitler in Argentina has been supplied, only speculation, hearsay, and circumstancial evidences resting on the preconceived notion that Hitler fled out of Germany.

While as a skeptic I cannot prove a negative the null hypothesis (that Hitler did commit suicide in Berlin) stands scrutiny. Let's just keep in mind the fact that there were always tangible leads for Nazi hunters to follow relatively middle-ranking war criminals like Eichmann and Mengele on, which lead eventually to them being found either dead or alive. And yet nothing on Hitler, the ultimate mastermind behind it all? Nothing whatsoever was found concerning Hitler in South America; all leads for Hitler start and ends in Berlin.

You may add a whole lot of zeros, even a million zeros; at the end of the day the sum remains zero.
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Say what?

Picture showed when I posted, let's try another one...

parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Rebel Yell

Say what?

Picture showed when I posted, let's try another one...

Did you take that photo Reb? Well, at least tell us where he was when this photo was taken.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hitler committed suicide on April 30th, 1945. We know, because there have been reliable witnesses, verified and authentic documents, and forensic evidence.

I agree with what you are saying except these points, which have all been recently proven untrue.
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

'Hunting Hitler' is nothing more than nonsensical revisionist attempt at changing history. A new series for the bored and gullible who haven't watched enough real history about the Fuehrer. It's about as credible as any fantasy conspiracy theory.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Drakken

To me it's all humbug to sell air time on pseudohistory: Hitler committed suicide on April 30th, 1945. We know, because there have been reliable witnesses, verified and authentic documents, and forensic evidence. On the other side of the balance no credible evidence of a Adolf Hitler in Argentina has been supplied, only speculation, hearsay, and circumstancial evidences resting on the preconceived notion that Hitler fled out of Germany.

While as a skeptic I cannot prove a negative the null hypothesis (that Hitler did commit suicide in Berlin) stands scrutiny. Let's just keep in mind the fact that there were always tangible leads for Nazi hunters to follow relatively middle-ranking war criminals like Eichmann and Mengele on, which lead eventually to them being found either dead or alive....

The fact there was a rat line from Germany to Argentina proves it's not all pseudohistory even though the Hitler angle was just a gimmick to sell airtime.

All channels must sell airtime.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

When I saw the promo for this new History Channel show I was more than skeptical, but after I watched the first episode I was fascinated by the research.

Traditionally, Hitler committed suicide with his now married mistress, but his partially burned corpse was discovered by the Soviets. The corpse was then spirted back to Mother Russia and Stalin, but did any other members of the Allies ever get to examine Hitler's remains?

Frankly, I thought der fuhrer was far too weak and much too recognizable to be successfully smuggled out of Germany, but I'll wait till the end of the series.

They DNA tested the body about 5 years ago and it was a women.

There simply is no proof he committed suicide, which is why FBI/CIA kept hunting for him for close to a decade after the war.

A good book is Grey Wolf by Simon Dunstan and Gerrard Williams.

My personal opinion/best guess is he got away and the FBI ect ect found him and killed him in the
50's. I forget the date, but all the searching ended all at once by the USA/England/France ect ect.

No way they would have made it public that he gotten away and been living happly in South America for 10 years.

There is no evidence he died in Berlin, but allot he got away. Obama released 900+ pages of declassified FBI files.

Hopefully someday we find out the truth.

One fact is Hitler like Stalin was a monster and both should have died horrible deaths for all the people they killed.

I think the Jewish people would want to know more then anyone.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Hitler committed suicide on April 30th, 1945. We know, because there have been reliable witnesses, verified and authentic documents, and forensic evidence.

I agree with what you are saying except these points, which have all been recently proven untrue.

People have a hard time believing something they have been told for decades is wrong.

Even when the DNA proves other wise.

Why did so many countries spend so much time and money looking for him?
If it was a fact he was dead, there would not be 900 pages of file showing that
we were actively looking for the monster.

Some people hate change, sorry but they are changing history every month as people in the field do hard work digging up old bones and settlements ect.

The only thing in life that never changes is things never stop changing.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

When I saw the promo for this new History Channel show I was more than skeptical, but after I watched the first episode I was fascinated by the research.

Traditionally, Hitler committed suicide with his now married mistress, but his partially burned corpse was discovered by the Soviets. The corpse was then spirted back to Mother Russia and Stalin, but did any other members of the Allies ever get to examine Hitler's remains?

Frankly, I thought der fuhrer was far too weak and much too recognizable to be successfully smuggled out of Germany, but I'll wait till the end of the series.

They DNA tested the body about 5 years ago and it was a women.

There simply is no proof he committed suicide, which is why FBI/CIA kept hunting for him for close to a decade after the war....

Which would explain the following

Professor Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm: 1937: Hitler joins the Thule Society, a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. In 1938, he acquired the spear of Longinus, which pierced the side of Christ. He who holds it becomes invincible. Hitler's power increases tenfold. 1943: President Roosevelt decides to fight back. The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is born. 1958: the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler.

John Myers: 1945, you mean. Hitler died in '45.

Professor Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm: [amused] Did he now?
Orm

Post by Orm »

I suggest that you read the excellent book How Hitler fooled everyone by changing his identity to Stephen Ambrose by Peter H. Sobamsen. It describes how Adolf Hitler escaped from Berlin by transforming into Stephen Ambrose. It also explains how AH, as Ambrose, travelled all around the world rewriting history with his best seller books. The book further proves that AH died at sea on March 22nd, 2009.

You can read up on Adolf Hitler's, aka Stephen Ambrose, last days in John Wilson's 2010 best-seller Ambrose: The Final Days of Hitler. It describes how AH, Eva Braun, their dog Blondi VI, and their yacht The Saucy Nazi were lost at sea with all hands after a Brazilian Peanut binge.

[;)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

There simply is no proof he committed suicide, which is why FBI/CIA kept hunting for him for close to a decade after the war.

But exactly how many teams were assigned to this task? 2 men? 10 men? 100 men? 1.000 men?

In fact you are explaining why Stalin would have wanted to keep the secret (no body = no murder?): these 2/10/100/1.000 men are wasting their time... and most important: ignoring other (real) threats. In other words, you are fooling your enemy. If I were Stalin I might have done just that...
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I suggest that you read the excellent book How Hitler fooled everyone by changing his identity to Stephen Ambrose by Peter H. Sobamsen. It describes how Adolf Hitler escaped from Berlin by transforming into Stephen Ambrose. It also explains how AH, as Ambrose, travelled all around the world rewriting history with his best seller books. The book further proves that AH died at sea on March 22nd, 2009.

You can read up on Adolf Hitler's, aka Stephen Ambrose, last days in John Wilson's 2010 best-seller Ambrose: The Final Days of Hitler. It describes how AH, Eva Braun, their dog Blondi VI, and their yacht The Saucy Nazi were lost at sea with all hands after a Brazilian Peanut binge.

[;)]
warspite1

That's the most sensible thing I've heard on this thread [;)].

BTW, did Sobamsen say how AH got around the fact that Ambrose was born and raised in Scotland?

Also, what proof did they find that it was Adolf Hitler aboard the Saucy Sue?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
radic202

Post by radic202 »

I can't get over the amount of people who are believing in this crap? But then again, some people still believe Elvis Presley is alive and that that tooth fairy exists? I love the History Channel but this has got to be the worst piece of garbage with Ancient Aliens and Curse of Oak Island they have ever brought on the air. Please HC stop disappointing me and bring back some of the old shows that really got people interested.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

Return to “General Discussion”